Valentine's Day release ("Stubborn Heart")

Yep. Drop your super cool ego and beg for fans!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

RPaul
Impressive
Impressive

Valentine's Day release ("Stubborn Heart")

Post by RPaul » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:47 pm

In the "just for fun" department...

This is a song I wrote initially wrote for a TAXI adult contemporary listing last summer. It didn't get forwarded, and the demo I'd done at the time was pretty rough, and really in too high a key for my voice. I'd wanted to do a better recording ever since, but just got blocked in trying to figure out where I wanted to take it on the stylistic front for a long time, then other projects took precedence. I finally got around to revisiting the recording this year, and, due to the subject matter, wanted to get it out in time to release it on Valentine's Day, which I pretty much just made (it's now available on all the usual suspects for downloads and streaming).

The song, "Stubborn Heart", is basically about the battle between the head and the heart, and making the same mistakes over and over again in the search for love. It's one of those things where the head tries to prevail, but the heart always wins, with the head being relegated to saying, "I told you so," later. Not saying if this might be based on a true story. :)

Anyway, yesterday I put a lyric video together. Here's a link for anyone who might be interested in having a listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxRHUUY5v-Q

Rick