"Various Genres". REALLY???

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

"Various Genres". REALLY???

Post by johndalenow » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:07 am

My question is: "Are you really looking for "various genres" or for ONLY something that sounds like the three listings? As an example, if I write something in the style of "Rap" that's a specific genre of various genres. I'm not sure just what each of the three examples has in common. To me they are very different, so does that also give us the latitude to write something in a "Rap or Trap" or "Jazz" or "Latin" style? Please help me to understand what is being requested. Thanks, guys! John Dale

INSTRUMENTAL RENDITIONS of PUBLIC DOMAIN CHRISTMAS SONGS are needed by a super well-connected Publisher for a wide variety of Film, TV, and Commercial placements.

NOTE: We are also running a TAXI Listing for Public Domain Christmas Songs (with lyrics) as listing TAXI #Y191010PD, so please don’t confuse the two!

This Publisher is known for getting out there and hustling for placements and is currently looking for Instrumentals in Various Genres and Tempos that could work on a playlist with:

“Jingle Bells” by Michael Bublé ft. The Puppini Sisters

“Silent Night” by Justin Bieber

“Adeste Fideles (O Come All Ye Faithful) " by Céline Dion

Although the references have vocals, this request is for Instrumentals only.

Please submit well-crafted Instrumentals that would put listeners in the Christmas/Holiday spirit. Productions can range from small arrangements up to bigger, more fully developed arrangements – depending on the genre and style you’re submitting. Be sure to stick to the original melodies so that the Instrumentals are familiar to listeners.

Quoting Our Source: “Your Instrumentals must be well-produced and broadcast ready. We seek material that effectively represents the Holiday Season!”

All submissions should be between 2:00 and 3:00 minutes long, give or take. Non-Faded endings will work best. Do not copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for overall feel, texture, and tone. Broadcast quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 deal with a 3-year reversion. If they don’t get your Instrumentals used during that term, you can get your rights back. Since this company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed to other Libraries or Catalogs.

Note: Although there won't be any performance royalties paid for these placements, you will get 50% of the master license fee. Please double check to make sure the Instrumentals you submit are truly Public Domain! In case you’re unsure if your submissions are in the Public Domain, here’s a link that will help: Public Domain Christmas Song List

You must own or control your Masters to submit for this request. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis – No full critiques. All submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Sunday, October 27th, 2019. TAXI #Y191027PD

cassmcentee
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: "Various Genres". REALLY???

Post by cassmcentee » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:00 am

Just looking at the listing
I see three "various..." alas without listening

Buble=Crooner AC Jazz
Beiber=Current Pop
Celione=AC

All high bar production given the names...

I don't see any other styles you mentioned...
Best stick to the refs
Robert "Cass" McEntee
"Making music on a spinning ball of Magma"
https://soundcloud.com/robert-cass-mcentee
https://www.taxi.com/members/DosPalmasRecordings

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:42 pm

cassmcentee wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:00 am
Just looking at the listing
I see three "various..." alas without listening

Buble=Crooner AC Jazz
Beiber=Current Pop
Celione=AC

All high bar production given the names...

I don't see any other styles you mentioned...
Best stick to the refs
Thanks for responding. Best! John Dale

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:43 pm

CTWF wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:21 pm
I thought about submitting my Hip-Hop-ish "Joy To The Trap" - not gonna happen. Will buy myself a $5 coffee instead... ;)

Tom
Thanks for your input, Tom. Best! John