Very Curious !!!

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Very Curious !!!

Post by johnnydean1 » Tue May 29, 2007 12:47 pm

Quote:Quote:Can someone tell me why "stickinsound" get so much heat for taking more than he gave concerning song reviews, while "mhoffman's" "very" similar posting activity appears to go unnoticed? Is there a standard to be met or are people simply shunned at random. What gives?Signed catsinbuses,RanOK, it was me & JD. He can speak for himself, I was kind of a jerk. Just so you know, no one on these boards has any real seniority. We're all just trying to figure out whether our music good enough yet, or how to make money once it is good enough.There are scuffles, usually about religion , ethics and politics. There's almost always someone getting their nose bent out of shape. Sometimes it's me. Myself, I find the boards to be pretty entertaining, and awesomely informative. I very much enjoy listening and helping to critique other member's stuff. Sometimes I get peeved when newbies start asking for a zillion opinions, and expecting that every one here is going to jump up and down. The truth is - sometimes I wish some of you (especially the great artists), would just stop submitting to categories that I'm submitting to. So I can win the forwards. That's a joke, but I'm sure everyone has their little private thoughts about how they could do better. Cause there is some insanely competitive music here on many different artists' sites.And it took Jeffe, Jchitty and i just over 4 months of posting to become, ultimate members. So we're all freaking newbies. We're all here to learn. There are a few members here who really know THIS business. You'll see how the little tidbits of info start adding up to helping you save time, money, and heartache.I took exception to Stix referring to JD as an **shole. That, will pretty much get anyone's gander up around here. JD asked me to marry him, a few months ago, so I always stick up for him now.The other thing I've noticed, is how this can sometimes be a lousy place to post any criticism of Taxi, screeners or Michael. That's not really a surprise tho, it's a business. However, the people that have been around for a long time, just know...My rule is - if you ask me my opinion on anything, you ought to be prepared for whatever honesty comes out of my fingers, AND be willing to offer the same courtesy back. A good rule of thumb would be, listen to a bunch of other people's stuff, and get into relationships, BEFORE you ask for opinions on your own work. It's generally a nice suburbian community, where life is pretty friendly. The real world of getting music placed and making money, seems to be fraught with many obstacles, and lots of not so nice people. So I'm a nice Canadian too, unless you call any of my friends names. Then I'm just a hockey goon.you wanna make sumpin outta this? Steve, I r pre she 8 your support but in spite of it the Dowry has now gone up to 6 Camels with 14 humps.Also you have to swear on all your royalties past,present and future that you are a Vegan.I think that's how you spell it.