Video game Theme forwarded

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nicotina
Impressive
Impressive

Video game Theme forwarded

Post by nicotina » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:23 pm

This was a new one for me: a theme for a video game:

https://soundcloud.com/vincent-s-nicoti ... me/s-X0SmC

I wrote it as a celtic reel with bagpipes, and then blended some "pac-man" style synth bass. This was a fun one.

I needed the forward today- I was feeling bad about the last bunch of stuff that got returned.

Vince

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Video game Theme forwarded

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:21 am

Congrats on the forward..where is the Listing ?

nicotina
Impressive
Impressive

Post by nicotina » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:50 am

Sorry, I forgot my forum etiquette- here it is the listing below:

Y180707DI
A WIDE RANGE of UNIQUE, QUIRKY INSTRUMENTALS are needed by the Music Supervisor of a AAA Console Video Game Franchise. He’s currently on the hunt for Up-Tempo Instrumentals that are stylistically in the range of one or more of the references we got from the Supervisor: “Strange Comfort” by Gajiin Games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfiYcF77CQ4 “Fairy Tail Main Theme” by dj-JO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0eofbOc510 “Down the Road” by C2C: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1uUIJPD0Nk “Zombies Ate My Neighbours” by Schoolboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MylixkwKARU NOTE: This game needs a range of exciting, up-tempo Instrumentals that could be heard in classic handheld games, dance clubs, or even on the radio. Although the references above have vocals, this pitch is for instrumentals only! Ultimately what this Music Supervisor is looking for is Instrumentals that sound “tonally” like one of the references above. Don't sweat trying to match the tone all four of the refs, if you have an Instrumental that matches only one of the references, send it in! The ideal approach to getting this Music Supervisor’s attention would be to create an Instrumental Cue in a style that best reflects the tone and vibe of one of the references mentioned above. He knows exactly what he wants, and since he's screening it - he'll know it when he hears it! Yes, the Music Supervisor has asked us to let him screen all submissions for this request! Due to the wide range of styles that are possible for this request, your submissions will be judged on their “usability factor” by the Music Supervisor. If the he thinks your material is competitive enough to be used in this Video Game, it could get forwarded! Give them well-crafted Instrumentals with a rhythmically engaging approach, with melodic elements and influences that are stylistically in the feel of the references mentioned above. Your Instrumental needs to have quirky melodies that are driven by an exciting, infectious beat! Quoting the Music Supervisor: “Your members’ submissions should have short intros, or no intro at all, as you need to make sure the energy of the track starts going as soon as possible.” Your submissions should be at least 2 minutes in length, and no longer than 4 minutes. Good edit points and a Non-Faded, buttoned/stinger ending are needed for this. Do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed. The estimated license fee for each of these placements is $2,500. These are Direct-to-Music Supervisor placements, so you’ll keep 100% ownership of your Master and Composition rights, plus you’ll also get 100% of the sync fee. Note: Video Games don’t pay performance royalties, but there are times when the songs used in the games are used in films, soundtracks, etc., and could generate performance royalties. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit one to three Songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis by the Music Supervisor himself (time permitting), or a Screener selected by the Supervisor if his schedule gets too busy

JannieM
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by JannieM » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:03 pm

Interesting selection of instruments. Enjoyed listening.
Jan
Use your voice for kindness, your ears for compassion, your hands for charity, your mind for truth, and your heart for love. ~ ~ ~ ~ Author Unknown

Honza

Post by Honza » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:57 am

Nice track ! Have you heard anything yet from the game company? Just wondering as I had one forwarded too. Honza

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by JohnnyP » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:33 pm

Nice Vince! I love the way you built it at the midway point! Nice choice of instrumentation. Best of luck with it! John
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com