Re: I'll keep pluggin away and keep the faith

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:00 pm

Mike, can you also post the Listing, and a link to the song(s) submitted, plus the entire review for each song? It would help us help you
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crs7string » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:12 pm

Mike,I've found it is helpful to "mourn the loss" of a forward and go back to work. You apparently have had quite a bit of success with TAXI and listening to some of you stuff on your website I know you can play and sing. As TAXI says on its critiques and I'm paraphrasing "don't let this critique ruin your life."BTW I used to get all wrapped up in this or that critique and then had a forward and a deal on a track that was returned twice with lukewarm reviews. If you believe in the track another listing with a better fit will probably be right around the corner.Chuck
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:17 pm

Mike - an edit to my post... you knew going in that you would likely not get forwarded, so I think you have to take the screeners comments in context of the fact that they were trying to explain why this particular music was not a fit for that particular listing. If you honestly feel confused by the returns, then pick up the phone and talk to Taxi's customer service But if you post the listings/reviews/links the other folks here who have some experience in this area will try to help.H
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:38 pm

One quick note - at the Rally one of the most memorable moments was during an A&R listening panel four of the most qualified people in the industry split right down the middle over this one song. Two thought it was good, two thought it wasn't.A least two of them were wrong Does that make them less qualified, or their next opinion less valid?I've had a screener tell me a song needed work, where two or three other screeners were jumping up and down about how good it was. Different opinions don't mean one screener was more or less qualified or deserving to screen my stuff. Not everyone has the same opinion.Go with the crowd -- don't get bogged down in one opinion.Aub

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:22 pm

Quote:It's a pain in the a** being a sensitive man sometimes...But God made me that way so what ya gonna do !Mike There are a few sensitive men around here who bark kinda loud to cover it up sometimes...I was born in Quebec City.à la prochaine

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:24 pm

Quote: There are a few sensitive men around here who bark kinda loud to cover it up sometimes...Ahh Steve, you old creampuff, you!!
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:43 am

Quote:And going for a slay ride Jeez I sure hope you meant *sleigh* ride...you couldn't have been THAT upset

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:55 am

Mike is French Canadian... like so many other wonderful people in this world!Quote:Quote:And going for a slay ride Jeez I sure hope you meant *sleigh* ride...you couldn't have been THAT upset

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:02 am

Hehee I only pointed out the spelling cause it led to unintentional humor...we like to joke around in this place .I'm Swiss so I feel your pain on the English spelling. When in doubt I usually consult the board's built-in spell checker, because...well...I said I was Swiss. Welcome aboard Mike, it's good to have you here!matto

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:19 am

Quote:Thanks for the spell check advice...I hadn't noticed that option there...I purposely misspelled some words while writing this to see how it works...Cool ! Take care bro !Mike I nver use spel chek. I am the best speler on the bored.