Virus Impact on Film/TV productions

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jhewitt79
Active
Active

Virus Impact on Film/TV productions

Post by jhewitt79 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:50 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm curious what your thoughts are on this. It's reported that only 4% of the normal TV/Film productions have been made from April through June due to the coronavirus. That is specific to the US. I'm not sure about international statistics. I understand that at the beginning of the shutdown editors were still able to work on existing footage from home. I'm guessing they must be nearing the end of the available footage that had already been shot but I don't have any stats on that.

If that's the case, what are the opportunities that are available today? Is it mostly libraries looking to refresh their catalog or possibly making educated/informed guesses on what's going to be in the pipeline?

Thanks,

Jim
https://soundcloud.com/jimhewittmusic/s ... tino-tapes

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Virus Impact on Film/TV productions

Post by hummingbird » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:41 pm

Michael has talked about this on TAXI TV, and there have been quite a few listings for music in preparation for when things open up again. There are also filmmakers, web series producers, animaters, etc who are coming up with creative ways to make films and shows during the pandemic. So yes, there is certainly an effect on production, particularly of major films and tv shows... but there are also people coming up with ways to shoot in a responsible fashion or use other methods to create visual media.
Last edited by hummingbird on Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Virus Impact on Film/TV productions

Post by Kolstad » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:48 am

Music and tv/film business is basically shut down, and has been for months. Im in Europe, so I dont know about the US, but if it is anything like here, the shutdown is devastating for creative arts.

Over here, governments dont treat the arts like businesses at all, so there is no support of any kind to stay afloat. Its too early to sum up the consequences, but a lot of people have no business to return to already.

The impact from this pandemic will be vast over several years to come, I think. I see a lot of good listings at Taxi, but I dont know anything about their scope or timeframe. Maybe they have projects (tv?), maybe they stock up, dont know. I feel with fellow musicians and partners in publishing, libraries and tv/film.

Stay safe and good luck.
Ceo of my own life