Waiting for a taxi...

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Waiting for a taxi...

Post by nomiyah » Tue May 23, 2006 6:07 pm

I have been waiting for a taxi but none have arrived. How long should I wait on the corner before I take a bus?Actually, the question is, how long after the "submit by" date can I expect a response? I was under the impression it was about 2 weeks.I have one song that has not been reviewed that had a submission deadline in March and several with dates in April. I don't want to annoy my friends at Taxi but on the other hand I'm sure now and then those human beings lose track of a submission. What do you think is a reasonable amount of time? Thanks.Nomi

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Waiting for a taxi...

Post by hummingbird » Tue May 23, 2006 7:29 pm

Hi Nomi... I've never had Taxi lose a submission. generally speaking, it's between 3 and 6 weeks. I have waited up to 8 weeks for a reply. Were they snail mail or Broadjam? I think that if it's a popular listing, and they've had 800 submissions, it's gonna take time to go through them all.cheersMs 'Bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

zink
Impressive
Impressive

Post by zink » Tue May 23, 2006 8:53 pm

Hey Noms,to add to what Hbird said, I've had some submissions take over 2 months. One time my response got lost in the mail (from my pre BJam days); doubt if that's an issue for online submissions though.Z

mani
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mani » Tue May 23, 2006 9:04 pm

Hi Nomi,It does seem a bit on the long side to me. Since Michael's crackdown in the last year TAXI have really improved their turnaround times. Before that they had slowly gotten worse and worse to the point where every submission I made was taking 4-5 weeks and sometimes more. Now I don't think any sub I've made in the last 6 months has taken longer than maybe 2 1/2 weeks at the most. I know TAXI get something like 400 ground subs every day. I don't know how many online subs they get but I'm sure it's a lot to wade through too!I'd check in with them and see if they're still working on that March listing.

53mph
Impressive
Impressive

Post by 53mph » Tue May 23, 2006 10:17 pm

I've got a theory....I've found in the past that submissions that take a long time often end up being accepted and forwarded. I have a picture in my head of the team narrowing down the pile of 500 submissions to the last few and mulling over them for a while "well, what do you think Joe...should I forward this one or not.....I'm not sure let's give it one more listen.."Whenever my submissions take a long time to be reviewed I look on it as a good sign.That's the world I live in between my head.

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Wed May 24, 2006 5:46 am

Thanks for the responses. I guess I'll wait a bit longer for the April ones but I'll call about the one in March. (Hope your theory is right, 53!)Nomi

og
Impressive
Impressive

Post by og » Thu May 25, 2006 2:12 pm

Yeah, me too, 53. I figure as long as nobody has said it sucks yet, it doesn't! Nomi, I have waited 6 weeks before, but I honestly don't recall if my lone forward took longer or not. My record keeping is spotty, at best. Good luck!