Wanna compose-produce something for this lyric?

Find people to work with!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

deantaylor
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Wanna compose-produce something for this lyric?

Post by deantaylor » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:49 am

Hi,Wanna compose and produce the music for the lyric below? If interested, PM me. I can't afford to help pay for studio productions right now, so ... I'm looking for someone who can do a film/tv broadcast master quality production themself. I can help find a singer or musician, if needed. Not sure how big the market is, but I'll pitch the song for us.You can read more about me at my website links below.I'd like to keep the lyric at least 95 percent in tact.Thanks for considering it,DeanPS Can you guess how old I am? lol--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------maybe pop or 'singer-songwriter' or ........ SONGS OF MY YOUTH© 2006 by Dean Brantley TaylorLyrics by Dean Brantley Taylor (ASCAP) Denver, CO, USA 80218www.LetsTalkMusic.com/DeanTaylor Note: another composer tried this. He had some good ideas, but some problems, too. If you want to do a 3-way collab, you can play off of his ideas or do it your own way in a 2-way collab. VERSE Come Monday, Monday I was dancin’ in the moonlightDancin’ all night‘Til the sun came up colored ruby on TuesdayFeelin’ all right. I was feelin’ warm and right, feelin’ all rightThe Beatles, Dylan, and Carly got me over hump day with Bob Marley,Ms. Reddy, and Don McLean drivin’ his ChevyMy levy was fullCHORUSThey sang the life I dreamed ofThey sang about peace and loveAnd they sang, and they sang their words of truthAnd they sang, and they sang the songs of my youth VERSE Each Thursday, Thursday I was stuck in Junior High SchoolFeelin’ the fool‘Til I heard some Cat or a little Three Dog NightThey made it right. Aretha and Gladys Knight made it all rightThe Fridays were lonely for me So, I turned to Neil Young and Joni,Elton John,David Bowie and his ‘Major Tom’My blast-off was on CHORUSBRIDGE [the first half is optional](Otis sat me on the dock of his bayWhere Doby made the grey drift awayUp off the boardwalk, blowin’ in the windHere comes the sun, clear sailin’)I knew Barbara Ann, the Rubberband Man,Amy, Beth and Ben, Mandy and BrandyThey were my friendsMick and the Stones, they were my friendsWith Johnny Ramone, I was never alone CHORUSTAG (optional)(And they sang, and they sang)And they sang, and they sang And they sang, and they sang the songs of my youth END© 2006 by Dean Brantley Taylor

keystevens

Re: Wanna compose-produce something for this lyric

Post by keystevens » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:43 pm

Hi Dean, I am interested in collaborating as well and tried to come up with something for the country lyrics above called Young Days. I created a rough vocal and I can send that to your email or upload the music with the rough vocal to my TAXI hosting page. For now here is a link to the music so far. The piano melody line is roughly the notes of a vocal track. If you want the short verse/chorus with rough vocal version uploaded to my hosting page I can do that too. I wanted to get your permission first though. Anyway, here's a link to my TAXI host page. The music link: look for the track called http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.p ... =3000“matt collab music for young days lyrics”Let me know if you are interested in what I have so far and I can work on it further.Hope to hear from you soonRegards,Matt Stevens

lcmemusic

Post by lcmemusic » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:10 am

Hey Dean,I'll take a stab at "Young Days". I may need to edit what you've got. Not that I would change any lyrics, but I feel that it may be a bit long. I would probably have to cut out a verse. I'll let you know when I'm done.Also, would you have any objections to me changing the genre from country to maybe southern rock, or pop?Jeff

deantaylor
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by deantaylor » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:12 am

Matt, Jeff, Cool! I sent you both an email. If you don't get it, PM me.Dean