Wanna hear a joke?

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

PeteCrane
Active
Active

Re: Wanna hear a joke?

Post by PeteCrane » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:17 pm

This kind of feedback is my pet peeve too. I got the opportunity to have my game composer reel played at a game audio conference for feedback by a panel of industry experts recently. By and large the most common feedback they gave everyone including me was on the length. "Make it shorter!"
The entry criteria was to submit a reel with a maximum of 4 minutes in length. So the other composers and I cut our reels to this length. The feedback by the panel of experts? "It should only be 2.5mins max".
Was a cool opportunity, but worthless feedback. I wanted feedback on the compositions; the actual content. Not the format of the reel. I wanted insight as a composer, not a video editor.
So yeah, I feel this!

andersenstorm
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Wanna hear a joke?

Post by andersenstorm » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:22 pm

I feel you. In my case, the rest of the critique was helpful. I was thankful for that. I really have fun with a statement that's pointed like "The best of it is that you made one." Or "Well, it's music." That's kind of sophisticated and I like the dark humor in it. If it would be the only critic it wouldn't be helpful. You're right.