Watch TAXI's CEO Get Hit with Tough Questions

Hang with your friends from the TAXI TV Chat Room and discuss the episodes

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

crashgates
Impressive
Impressive

Post by crashgates » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:27 pm

Last edited by crashgates on Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CTWF
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Watch TAXI's CEO Get Hit with Tough Questions

Post by CTWF » Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:07 am

crashgates wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:27 pm
Hey Tom
Hey Crash

I think you got some good advice on a track that you posted here. I also like several elements of it, but agree with the others that substantial work would be needed for it to get to a good demo level.

I think the pay forward/back attitude on here is great, and it is all voluntary, no one is forced to be here. In any career it can be a good idea to keep an open mind and stay flexible. My way or the highway works for very few, but ML himself always says you can paint houses at day and the Mona Lisa at night. I agree, you can do commercially acceptable stuff, earn production chops that way, and still work on the dream the other half/third/quarter of the time.

I do not think anyone wants to hold you back here. Only, the forum gives all of us a healthy dose of reality every now and then.

Tom
https://soundcloud.com/ctwf --> 0|°_°|0 <-- I am a producer/composer with TV & radio placements around the globe. -- Music is the mathematical transmitter of human emotions.

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DouglasKnight » Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:36 pm

Great show, Mike and Paulie, I learned a lot, well done!

crashgates
Impressive
Impressive

Post by crashgates » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:53 am

Last edited by crashgates on Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

CTWF
Impressive
Impressive

Post by CTWF » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:11 am

crashgates wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:53 am
Hey Tom

This is really hard to say without sounding self contradictory or like a round robin or peeing off the pay it forward crowd, but here I go anyway. I sometimes do wonder how best to decide on the validity/wisdom/efficiency of getting optimized weight lose advice for your next profile photographic session from people who are not on the cover of Jenny Craig Sports Business Journal without offending them or hurting their feelings or seeming to be ungrateful for their advice especially when the advice is not necessarily bad advice :?
While they are no platinum producers, the people writing to you here have a track record of modern sounding placements.

What you might lose potentially if you listen to them could be the convenient delusion of being a misunderstood genius.

What you could potentially gain is a better and modern sounding demo, or at least an understanding why you are not able to produce one (yet).

What I would recommend avoiding is being stuck in a corner with no signs of improvements ever. Unfortunately, this seems to happen to some people. Clearly, they have to CHANGE something.

Tom
https://soundcloud.com/ctwf --> 0|°_°|0 <-- I am a producer/composer with TV & radio placements around the globe. -- Music is the mathematical transmitter of human emotions.

crashgates
Impressive
Impressive

Post by crashgates » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:02 am

Last edited by crashgates on Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

CTWF
Impressive
Impressive

Post by CTWF » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:13 am

crashgates wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:02 am
Ok delusional sounds fitting, I think I will ad that to my profile. The only thing is If I am delusional as your suggesting then there is really no hope and hoping for a better demo is just as delusional

Am I reading you correctly :?
Not entirely. For instance, you could be a not yet fully developed genius, so you would not be misunderstood, but simply had to accept that more development was needed.

Not that I am an expert on any of this... "#1 - here we come!" - to quote my DAW.