Wav or mp3 for submissions??

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

JLB333

Wav or mp3 for submissions??

Post by JLB333 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:45 pm

Hey guys, I got a forward for this listing S230621VW ( Electronic/Chillwave Instrumentals with an overall mellow and down-tempo vibe and feel).

I've only sunmitted 2 tracks - wav files so far (with no metadata). Is it better to upload mp3 with metadata for my next submissions?

Thanks
Jean

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Wav or mp3 for submissions??

Post by irthlingz » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:02 pm

It's a good idea to always include contact info in the metadata. However, Taxi does provide all your contact info to the client, so it' shouldn't be critical in this context. Still, I would say submit mp3 with metadata.

===
Michael

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:48 pm

You can do either since Taxi provides your info to the client if they forward.

MY personal preference is a 320K mp3 with basic metadata--- at least title, writers/owners, name and contact info. I feel better knowing my contact info is with a music file. For screening purposes, there is no discernible difference between a 320K mp3 and a wav file. In fact, most humans could never tell the difference. Obviously, if you get a deal, send them the exact format they request which usually is wav or aif.

HTH

Best,
:D Casey

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:29 am

Casey H wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:48 pm
MY personal preference is a 320K mp3 with basic metadata--- at least title, writers/owners, name and contact info. I feel better knowing my contact info is with a music file. For screening purposes, there is no discernible difference between a 320K mp3 and a wav file. In fact, most humans could never tell the difference. Obviously, if you get a deal, send them the exact format they request which usually is wav or aif.
Several DAWs I've used ( which isn't all of them to be fair ) have the option to add some basic metadata by default when you export an MP3 so you only need to set it once and then it will be there every time.