Way Beyond Like (Country)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

donmartin
Active
Active

Way Beyond Like (Country)

Post by donmartin » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:53 am

A simple country song ,Lyrics by Don MartinVocals by Dave Brooksproduction - The Gator Holehttp://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=415204WAY BEYOND LIKE©-2005-Don Martinwhen I write my songsI don't waste a lotta timedon't complicate the wordsI sing what's on my mindbin thinkin' 'bout her questionshe asked me if I mightnot sure I'm feelin' love , but I'm sure I'm way beyond like[chorus]( way beyond like )bin givin' her some thought( way beyond like )yeah I'm likin' her a lotgonna bring my guitarsing her a song tonightcould it be love , when you're way beyond like[short instrumental]when I grab my guitarshe turns off the TVputs a cushion on the floorand sits in front of meit's not about the musicthough it plays a roleshe stares into my eyes to get a glimpse at my soul[chorus]( way beyond like )bin givin' her some thought( way beyond like )yeah I'm likin' her a lotgonna bring my guitarsing her a song tonightcould it be love , when you're way beyond like[instrumental]before I finished a verseshe took the guitar awaysaw a tear in her eyeI didn't know what to sayshe cuddled up real closethen turned down the lightsgave a kiss to advise and then a look to excite[chorus] ( way beyond like )bin givin' her some thought( way beyond like )yeah I'm likin' her a lotdon't need my guitardon't need to sing tonight the next step is love , when you're way beyond likeyeah the next step is love , when you're way beyond like

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Way Beyond Like (Country)

Post by Casey H » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:45 am

Hey Don I don't know what there is not to like... I'm NOT much into country so I'm not the best judge... I think "Way Beyond Like" is an excellent line and title and the song works. It is very enjoyable and I listened 2-3 times. Reminds me a bit of John Prine.My understanding is that country is the toughest and most competitive genre for songwriters. The standard is so high that you may not make it in Nashville no matter what you do. For your goals (indie and film/TV) NSAI is probably a waste of time and money, though no critique is ever completely without some value.Keep on doing what you are doing!Warm regards,Casey

donmartin
Active
Active

Re: Way Beyond Like (Country)

Post by donmartin » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:48 am

Hey CaseyThis one was intended to be a semi-traditional Country open mic style of song ..... but yet something that a quality producer could mould into an easy listening acoustic number (with the right artist) .It's a far cry from the likes of an "Alcohol" style , but the imagery could aid it in terms of a memorable video .... which is a feature we all have to learn to keep in mind when writing these days .Glad you liked this one , and I appreciate the kind words and encouragement .DonP.S. A producer once told me that lyrics have to create an immediate video idea to be worthy of consideration , given the boost that videos offer songs today ..... and he joked that lyricists need to train themselves to become screen writers if they want to increase their chances .