We need a " Dear Abby "

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

We need a " Dear Abby "

Post by songmaster » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:38 am

Sometimes I think Taxi could use a " Dear Abby " page. My loving wife brought home a book from the library to suprise me with " The Complete Idiots Guide to Songwriting ". I know she meant well and I'm not saying that I can not learn anymore about songwriting, but I sometimes wonder if our own family really knows what we do and why. Maybe I am an idiot for contiuing to write songs, but that's a different book. Somebody has to write the songs so we all can sing the blues :lol: Anyone else have this problem ?

Ahhh! I feel better...thank you dear Abby, I mean Dear Taxi :)

shoodBworkin
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: We need a " Dear Abby "

Post by shoodBworkin » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:01 am

Are you writing for a "target audience" or for yourself? Are you writing to "make money" or because the melodies & lyrics just keep coming out?

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:46 am

I guess it's the later : the lyrics and melodies keep coming out and I guess I do have a target audience called music supervisors who are looking for film and TV songs to fit thier projects. Hopefully it will be a happy union when we get together. :) So I guess it's both :? Although, having been retired for the last 8 years, it's probably less about the money and more about the goal.

Tom

shoodBworkin
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by shoodBworkin » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:36 am

It it's the latter then you're not an idiot. ;) Yo'u're doing what comes naturally. I'll bet lots of folks would love to have your gift

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:18 am

Thanks shoodbworking! I can now tell my wife that I am not an idiot and continue with my addiction of songwriting. I appreciate your kind words :)

Tom