WELL... I DID IT

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bluntbeats314
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

WELL... I DID IT

Post by bluntbeats314 » Fri May 16, 2008 5:09 am

i have to admit that i'm nervous as hell but i followed my heart, mind, higher power or whatever made me get my taxi membership. i'd heard about taxi about 6mos ago from a friend of mine while we were listening to some beats and i wished i had the $$$ right then but, much like i am now, i had to survive so i researched it and the name began to pop up everywhere so i signed up for the newsletter(hell what can it hurt). funny how things work because i woke up to an email and finally a sunny day here in town and exactly enough $$$ to make the choice-it was either taxi or studio monitors from the guitar center-what good will monitors do if i stay at square 1...made my first to submissions today and i'm over here shaking like a newborn. i've played my beats at the guitar center and gotten mad love from their staff and since most of them are musicians in some form or fashion i guess i'm headed in the right direction... hopefully i'll be one of your success stories very soon and thanks to all of you before me that have posted your ups and downs with this music thing so i'm guessing i'm in the company of some pretty genuine individuals.fyi-i ask questions because i don't have to much pride to do so, so if i ask you a question that seems silly or novice it's because i'm still learning and wasn't fortunate enough to make it to Full Sail or have a musical upbringing .
impossible is what I've already done because I was told I couldn't, so please find another way to motivate me...

kg
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: WELL... I DID IT

Post by kg » Fri May 16, 2008 5:57 am

A virgin! So glad you joined...you'll shake even more before you open your first listing notification for forward or return Asking questions is good...welcomeK

bluntbeats314
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by bluntbeats314 » Fri May 16, 2008 6:09 am

thank you and i just posted a link in the Hangout forum and i'm shakin' in my little nikes i swear...
impossible is what I've already done because I was told I couldn't, so please find another way to motivate me...

davekershaw
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davekershaw » Fri May 16, 2008 6:10 am

May 16, 2008, 8:57am, kg wrote:A virgin! So glad you joined...Steady on kg you'll frighten him off! Took me a while to take the plunge, but following the forum for a while, it was obvious that everyone was genuinely trying to help each other.Good to meet you.Dave.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Fri May 16, 2008 6:31 am

hey 314, welcome aboard! nice to meet you. just hang with us for a while, ask questions if need be, we were all newbie's once ('cept Matto, he's like, infinite, ya know).some questions might be answered if you read my FAQ thread... if there's any questions you have that ain't on it, let me know, I'll add 'em.http://taxi.proboards27.com/index.cgi?b ... ead=2141PS - one way you can use the forum is to go to Peer to Peer, and post a listing you are thinking of submitting to, and a link to the song you are thinking of submitting, and ask if we think it is on target. (don't forget to review other folks stuff too).
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

bombaycharlie1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bombaycharlie1 » Fri May 16, 2008 11:31 am

Welcome, and good luck. The only way we all learn is to ask questions, make mistakes, ask more questions, etc, etc., and hopefully learn a great deal.Charlie