Wellness Forward

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Wellness Forward

Post by allends » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:32 pm

I'm feeling good today because I got a forward for the song I targeted for the European Wellness Hotels listing. Many years ago I was trained in Europe to be a meditation teacher, so I've been perturbed with myself for being unsuccessful with this listing when it comes up from time to time. So this is a personal triumph for me! <YAHOO!> :D

I've been fretting about it for weeks in another thread and many of you were great with me, giving good advice in gentle terms. Many thanks to all of you!

It's a Yes/No listing, so there's no feedback to share with you.

NEW AGE INSTRUMENTALS that are relaxing, melodic and not too dark are needed by an Austrian Production Company with Major Distribution. Once again, this company needs a fresh batch of fantastic New Age Instrumentals for a comp CD that will be marketed and distributed to European Wellness Hotels. While the tone needs to be very relaxing and soothing, the company would also like to hear some interesting and unique melodic/production approaches. These arrangements should be simple but not stark - full instrumentation, not solo, will be preferable. Instrumentals only for this one, please. Great performances are needed as always and these tracks must be broadcast quality. Their deal is a non-exclusive license along with mechanical royalties paid per unit sold. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and must be received no later than December 26, 2008. TAXI #Y081226NA

I have two versions (for those who aren't tired of it already ::)):

Audio Version:
Corinthians

Video Version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP-MVMV2h4w
Thank You Taxi!
and
Thank You Taxi Forum!

Namaste,
Allen
Last edited by allends on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

llama
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Wellness Forward

Post by llama » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:35 pm

WOW!!! Allen that is so cool. It seems the bar for this lisiting is V high judging by the comments made in the other thread...You should be well proud of this.....Many congratsDerek

jeffgreenleaf
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jeffgreenleaf » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:36 pm

Yeah Allen! Excellent stuff...hope we're both heard in the Euro Spas! Congrats!!

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:36 pm

Jan 7, 2009, 2:32pm, allends wrote:I'm feeling good today because I got a forward for the song I targeted for the European Wellness Hotels listing. Good! Because at least now I have some idea of what does get through (for next time). Very nice track and, as always, just so nice all the way around. DavePS - One thing though... it doesn't really go well with the dancing monkeys video.

brindabella
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by brindabella » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:04 pm

Way to go Allen, I told you! Big Congrats!!Eat your heart out, Yanni!
"The crucial thing in life is not to repeat oneself." Antonio Stradivari.

http://www.Reverbnation.com/laurasanz

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:22 pm

Allen,So happy to hear about this! Way to go!!Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bmete » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:13 pm

Hi Allen,Great way to start the year off!!! Here's to many more.Bob

crystallions
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crystallions » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:09 pm

I am so happy for you Allen! Congratulations! This is a beautiful piece.
Lydia L. Ashton

http://www.lydiaashton.com

"To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist." - Robert Schumann

cyndy
Impressive
Impressive

Post by cyndy » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:30 pm

Allen, my buddy,I've watched in amazement as you've blossomed since the Rally. (OK... maybe "blossom" isn't the correct word to use for a guy, but that's the word I'm using... OK!!) You've opened up verbally and creatively... IMHO.You are on a road somewhere, my friend, and it isn't a dead-end!!More power to ya!!!!Cyndy

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:50 pm

Jan 7, 2009, 7:30pm, cyndy wrote:Allen, my buddy,I've watched in amazement as you've blossomed since the Rally. (OK... maybe "blossom" isn't the correct word to use for a guy, but that's the word I'm using... OK!!) You've opened up verbally and creatively... IMHO.You are on a road somewhere, my friend, and it isn't a dead-end!!Now Cindy, you really got my attention! What a sweet thing to say. Yeah, we're buddies... you just proved it. And your blossom metaphor works for me just fine, although I would have flinched had it come from one of the guys. You say you're amazed. Well me too, sister! I'm amazed to open the page see beautiful comments like this waiting for me. Thank you very-very-much! Jan 7, 2009, 3:04pm, brindabella wrote:Eat your heart out, Yanni! I want you to know that my wonderful wife got a big charge out of this one, Brin! All these Yanni jokes are cracking me up. PS: Yes, you told me so. Thanks again to everyone else (you know who you are )!!! Call me crazy, but I think about all my forum friends while I make music these days. I'm inspired!Allen