Western Union And Southern Pacific

By popular demand...

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

couchgrouch
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Western Union And Southern Pacific

Post by couchgrouch » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:47 am

Western Union and Southern PacificAny time now we'll be puffing into Texasthese are roads where boxcar doors are the only exitsthere's a Western Union near the El Paso freightyardso I hope we slow down and the ground's not too hardas I sit here list'ning to the sad wind sing byI recall how Dad taught me to make my fiddle cryso I grab my bow and raise my old friend to my chinand ev'ry tune I play takes me to places that I've beenas I roll on day and nightmostly headed nowhere specificand no matter where I go,the two directions I knoware Western Union and Southern Pacificmaybe there are better ways to get state to statebut few are cheaper and none sound like a southern freight when I caught that cattlecar to ArkansasI took the floor and gave my tired fiddle the strawthere's a Western Union near Dad's favorite cafetimes are tough and he's a regular there these dayshe hates how I live but his trailer with the metal roofis just a fancy boxcar that doesn't movebut I roll on day and nightmostly headed nowhere specificand no matter where I go,the two directions I knoware Western Union and Southern Pacificwhen I won that fiddle contest in Little Rock last weekthey paid in cash and added one more to my streakthough Dad's knuckles are froze and he won't play againhe cradles his fiddle tight each time I send him the rentcos I roll on day and nightmostly headed nowhere specificand no matter where I go,the two directions I knoware Western Union and Southern Pacific(c)2004 Robert George