"What am I doing wrong?"....the update

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nycoach
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

"What am I doing wrong?"....the update

Post by nycoach » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:07 am

Well, I just got back from vacation and saw that I had a message from a movie producer that wanted to use a song I submitted through Taxi. I had a song placed in a movie this summer, but the movie was very small, but this one has distribution and everything, so I'm happy. The funny part, is that this is the LAST song on my reel that I send around...hahahaThank you all for all of the positive comments you gave me when I posted the initial post last month. You are all awesome!

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: "What am I doing wrong?"....the update

Post by hummingbird » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:04 pm

Quote:Well, I just got back from vacation and saw that I had a message from a movie producer that wanted to use a song I submitted through Taxi. I had a song placed in a movie this summer, but the movie was very small, but this one has distribution and everything, so I'm happy. The funny part, is that this is the LAST song on my reel that I send around...hahahaThank you all for all of the positive comments you gave me when I posted the initial post last month. You are all awesome!WHOO HOOOO!!!!!! Kudos to you!!!!!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:12 pm

WAY to GO, Coach! That's awesome.Put ME in, Coach, I'm ready to play. Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

nycoach
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by nycoach » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:41 pm

Ted, from the sounds of it, you've been playing quite a bit yourself!

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ciskokidd » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:15 pm

Congrats Coach!!Here's to more movie placements in the near future! Hooray for Hollywood!Cisco

ragani
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ragani » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:34 pm

Hey Coach!This is so exciting!! Distribution and everything? WOWOWOWOW!!!! Congratulations!! Which song did they choose? Was is Someone Like You? Or Tell Me? Those songs will be grabbed up, surely, if they aren't already taken. You've got some great songs-- I especially like how up front the vocals are (are they yours?) in RUINS, and the beginning slide in Just Another Broken Heart, and the groove (love the groove!) of Tragic Thing... so no surprise they want to use your stuff for a movie!Keep us posted when the movie is released so we can check it out!! Bravo, Coach!!! Raags
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it..." - Goethe
http://www.RaganiWorld.com - Turn the World to Love®
http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?artist=ragani

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bmete » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:42 pm

Congrats!What a way to end a vacation!!Bob

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:02 pm

cool - congrats!that's just the way it works: do music, improve it, learn more, do more music, pitch it, improve your music, pitch it, pitch it, do more music........sounds like a mantra cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

nycoach
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by nycoach » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:42 am

Quote:Hey Coach!This is so exciting!! Distribution and everything? WOWOWOWOW!!!! Congratulations!! Which song did they choose? Was is Someone Like You? Or Tell Me? Those songs will be grabbed up, surely, if they aren't already taken. You've got some great songs-- I especially like how up front the vocals are (are they yours?) in RUINS, and the beginning slide in Just Another Broken Heart, and the groove (love the groove!) of Tragic Thing... so no surprise they want to use your stuff for a movie!Keep us posted when the movie is released so we can check it out!! Bravo, Coach!!! RaagsWow, thanks for really taking the time to check out my stuff...The male vocals are mine, except on "Ruins"...The song they actually picked was Tragic Thing. "Tell Me" was the other one that was used in an indie film a few months ago, and "Someone Like You" seems to get the best reviews, but nothing yet. Thanks again for all of the kind words, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!

ragani
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ragani » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:48 am

Quote:Wow, thanks for really taking the time to check out my stuff...The male vocals are mine, except on "Ruins"...The song they actually picked was Tragic Thing. "Tell Me" was the other one that was used in an indie film a few months ago, and "Someone Like You" seems to get the best reviews, but nothing yet. Thanks again for all of the kind words, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!You're most welcome-- It wasn't the vocal quality of RUINS that I liked-- it was how it was engineered in production for that close sound (that's the apparent trend these days...). But frankly, I think my fav was the rockin' groove of Tragic Thing, and it's no surprise they picked it. Someone Like You will surely be picked soon-- it could fit so many scenes for TV shows!All the best to you! Raags
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it..." - Goethe
http://www.RaganiWorld.com - Turn the World to Love®
http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?artist=ragani