What are your goals?

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: What are your goals for 2012?

Post by Len911 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:33 pm

Sure Deb, I'm all for teachers and teaching. I'm still a student and the only teaching I have done is to myself,lol!
I'm not sure which research specifically you are addressing, it seems I'm always researching something. One thing usually leads to an other. I think I went from the scales and chords project, to playing an oriental scale, and then discovered I might have to adjust for tuning, so now I'm sort of researching just intonation versus equal temperament, and whether I need to adjust frequencies for the notes to scale. I got a little sidetracked and have been listening to some Chinese music. I think goals probably start with a question. Or at least that's how the research starts. Currently, my question is, "why can't instruments be tuned to the voice instead of the voice being tuned to instruments?" So actually, if none of the "research" ever discovers anything of much value, it certainly contributes to my understanding of music, so that will be my goal, "to understand music".
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music

coachdebra
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by coachdebra » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:34 pm

Len911 wrote:Sure Deb, I'm all for teachers and teaching.
Maybe it wasn't you - I remember a thread a few months ago about creating a database to organize music.

brentmagstadt
Impressive
Impressive

Post by brentmagstadt » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:27 pm

Thanks for the focus, Debra! This thread has been very helpful; really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

[1] To have a full length CD representation in hand by June, of our best co-written tracks (by my partner and I)
[2] To have 6 forwards in the instrumental film/TV cue genre, by years end.

Dropped [3] since it's more about selfish musical self-gratification in my all-time fave genre than anything else. :)
-- Brent L Magstadt
Composer/Performer
www.brentmagstadt.com

~~ 7 ~~

coachdebra
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by coachdebra » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:37 pm

brentmagstadt wrote:Thanks for the focus, Debra! This thread has been very helpful; really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

[1] To have a full length CD representation in hand by June, of our best co-written tracks (by my partner and I)
[2] To have 6 forwards in the instrumental film/TV cue genre, by years end.

Dropped [3] since it's more about selfish musical self-gratification in my all-time fave genre than anything else. :)
You are very welcome!

These are great and I'd just tighten them up a teensy bit and add a specific date:

[1] a full length CD of our best co-written tracks in hand by June 1, 2012
[2] 6 instrumental film/TV cue forwards by 12/31/2012

And don't drop [3]! You're allowed to have any goal you want! This is officially a "no judgment territory!"

Your coach,
Debra

CHuckmott
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by CHuckmott » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:14 am

3 forwards and an indication I'm moving in the right direction. A 25 song library up on Taxi. I have actually several more written, but no longer have the hard copies and never planned on doing much with them. Remix until they sound right (good luck with that, but I do hear some specifics and the list of what I would like to change gets smaller with each remix).

CHuckmott
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by CHuckmott » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:21 am

Actually are my goals for May, one year of Taxi membership.

coachdebra
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by coachdebra » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:38 am

CHuckmott wrote:3 forwards and an indication I'm moving in the right direction. A 25 song library up on Taxi. I have actually several more written, but no longer have the hard copies and never planned on doing much with them. Remix until they sound right (good luck with that, but I do hear some specifics and the list of what I would like to change gets smaller with each remix).
CHuckmott wrote:Actually are my goals for May, one year of Taxi membership.
Great Chuck, you answered my initial question with your second post - what's the due date?

So:

1) Clearly moving in the right direction with 3 TAXI forwards by May [what date??], 2013
2) A 25 [needs a qualitative term here] Song Library on TAXI by May [what date??], 2013

I recommend putting in a qualifyer on the the song library - like 25 Awesome Songs - or whatever qualitative term you want to shoot for.

CHuckmott
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by CHuckmott » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:44 pm

25 songs by May 1 2013. In my totally biased opinion they are all good songs ,time tells which ones stand out.

slideboardouts
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by slideboardouts » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:04 pm

My 2012 goal is the same goal I've had for at least the last 10 years: 2 chicks at the same time. 8-)

Oh wait, we're talking about music :oops:

Well, in that case, I guess my goal is to keep making a living at writing music, make at least one more new and lucrative contact, maybe do a few more songs with vocals, and finally finish that electronica album I've been threatening to release for the last 5 years.

The last two definitely aren't happening in 2012, so I guess I'll push those to 2013.

-Steve

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:15 pm

slideboardouts wrote:My 2012 goal is the same goal I've had for at least the last 10 years: 2 chicks at the same time. 8-)
Steve
We want you to meet your goals!

:lol: :lol: Casey