What do screeners see?

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mattpow

What do screeners see?

Post by mattpow » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:54 am

I know this has been asked before but I can't seems to find it...

Out of nothing more than curiosity, do we know what screeners see when they are working through tracks? Do they see profiles, track graphic, just track, etc.?

Zero motivation behind my question outside of pure curiosity.

Rolf
Impressive
Impressive

Re: What do screeners see?

Post by Rolf » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:31 am

As far as I know, they don't see anything about you.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:58 pm

Rolf wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:31 am
As far as I know, they don't see anything about you.
I don't think that's true, I think they can see your photo and bio because sometimes a client wants that as part of a listing. Not 100% sure, maybe Michael or an admin will stop by and answer. I do highly recommend you have an updated, effective bio and a photo on your Taxi page. (That reminds me to look at my own, it's been quite a while).

Best,
Casey

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:35 pm

The screeners see a feedback form, which is very similar to what you get as the end result. They log into our back-end, they enter the listing number for what they're working on, and bammo, the first form (with play, stop, rewind, FFWD buttons) pops up. They hit play, listen, and give feedback. They click the done button, and the next one pops up.

They see the song/instrumental's title, the listing number, and the member's name. They do not see the company or individual's name who requested the music. They are making their decisions based on what the listing says, and nothing more. We write the listings to be clear and understandable by members AND screeners, while staying true to what our clients ask for. It's harder than you think!

The exception is for listings/ companies that are looking for artists, which generally ask for a photo, bio, and lyric sheet, which the screeners can see.

Hope this helps,
Michael

Rolf
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Rolf » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:27 am

admin wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:35 pm
The screeners see a feedback form, which is very similar to what you get as the end result. They log into our back-end, they enter the listing number for what they're working on, and bammo, the first form (with play, stop, rewind, FFWD buttons) pops up. They hit play, listen, and give feedback. They click the done button, and the next one pops up.

They see the song/instrumental's title, the listing number, and the member's name. They do not see the company or individual's name who requested the music. They are making their decisions based on what the listing says, and nothing more. We write the listings to be clear and understandable by members AND screeners, while staying true to what our clients ask for. It's harder than you think!

The exception is for listings/ companies that are looking for artists, which generally ask for a photo, bio, and lyric sheet, which the screeners can see.

Hope this helps,
Michael
Thanks, Michael for the clarification.

mattpow

Post by mattpow » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:33 am

admin wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:35 pm

Hope this helps,
Michael
Wow... thank you so much for the response. Again, it was nothing more than curiosity regarding how the system works. I greatly appreciate the transparency. I've had a great experience with the screeners and they have been a tremendous asset in helping me unpack the nuance within brief verbiage.

THANK YOU!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:03 am

My pleasure, I hope it is helpful!

ML