What does it sound like?

Songwriting, songwriters, etc

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: What does it sound like?

Post by jeffe » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:28 am

As we speak I'm working on the lyrics for a new piece.Tell me what you think......"There's a mic in my bucket, dear Taxi, dear Taxi"Hmmmm. Now I'm looking for a couple of words that rhyme with "Bucket" Thanks for that Ulf. I'll be listening to Lennon soon.
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.

mixopenta
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mixopenta » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:12 am

The context of that "bucket" song is clearly explaining why taxi screeners wants to remain anonymous

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:28 am

Chuck it.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:05 am

Quote:The context of that "bucket" song is clearly explaining why taxi screeners wants to remain anonymous Yup, definitely... But a sense of humor is good for all of us and I would hope that screeners have a sense of humor about it too... That's why a long time ago I posted a "taxi" review of "Fire and Rain"... I hope even they could laugh at it... http://taxi.proboards27.com/index.cgi?a ... 375&page=1(It says on that thread that this was mainly humor and more of a commentary on the music industry today than a knock on TAXI)

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:41 am

Quote:Chuck it.Thanks Ed. I had an alternative to that but yours also contains irony and it's not rude The screeners deserve their anonymity. So does Johnny.Just for Johnny, if he reads this, which I have no doubt he will. I've got the perfect solution to your death threats.A news item in the UK has all the answers to your prayers. http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/20070416/t ... htmlThanks for the tips."Imagine there's no heaven"

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:24 am

Quote:Quote:Chuck it.The screeners deserve their anonymity. So does Johnny.The screeners do not come on here (that we know of) and offer opinions on music matters, etc...

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:43 am

Quote:Quote:Only problem is. I don't seem to have a piano at hand. I looked in the cupboards and no. Definitely no piano.Did I miss something?steve Now I understand. You can't expect or hope that a screener would know if the piano sound you used, was a real piano or not. Sometimes I take a digital sample that need more realistic sound, and route it back to a wooden speaker cabinet, then mic that. Or stick a mic in a guitar sound hole and record a speaker blasting only your digital piano(or anything else) at the back of the guitar. You'll get a very woody and different sound from your original. Could be good, could be useless. Experiment. steve ps: one of these might helpQuote:

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:18 am

Quote:Quote:The screeners deserve their anonymity. So does Johnny.The screeners do not come on here (that we know of) and offer opinions on music matters, etc...Could you imagine the mayhem if they did Everone would barrage them with questions.

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:22 am

Quote:Quote:Did I miss something?steve Now I understand. You can't expect or hope that a screener would know if the piano sound you used, was a real piano or not. Sometimes I take a digital sample that need more realistic sound, and route it back to a wooden speaker cabinet, then mic that. Or stick a mic in a guitar sound hole and record a speaker blasting only your digital piano(or anything else) at the back of the guitar. You'll get a very woody and different sound from your original. Could be good, could be useless. Experiment. steve ps: one of these might helpQuote:Now Guitars!That's something I have got.Thanks for that tip Steve.From now on I will call it the woody piano sound (© Copyright Steve à Gilbert)

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:47 am

I don't usually employ this method, however. Somehow playing the right notes, seems to matter more than the right sound. Sometimes it's best to choose a lot of black keys, other times white keys are adviseable. steve