What do ya think?

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: What do ya think?

Post by AlanHall » Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:23 pm

Wow! How many different genres did you want to jam into that 5-minute track :lol: ;)

I could totally hear Trans-Siberian Orchestra doing this. Expansive, deep, mercurial tracks that cross boundaries. My first impression was Harry Chapin (Mr Tanner) and a little Cat Stevens - so a little singer-songwriter, then after 3:00 there's the hybrid orchestral strings and crushing guitars - so proggy in a late 70s Pink Floyd way. Is it Country? I really can't tell. But it's heading up a playlist of all of that mentioned above, and more! Thanks for posting +1

Gillihan
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Gillihan » Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:04 pm

AlanHall wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:23 pm
Wow! How many different genres did you want to jam into that 5-minute track :lol: ;)

I could totally hear Trans-Siberian Orchestra doing this. Expansive, deep, mercurial tracks that cross boundaries. My first impression was Harry Chapin (Mr Tanner) and a little Cat Stevens - so a little singer-songwriter, then after 3:00 there's the hybrid orchestral strings and crushing guitars - so proggy in a late 70s Pink Floyd way. Is it Country? I really can't tell. But it's heading up a playlist of all of that mentioned above, and more! Thanks for posting +1
Thanks for listening and I am grateful for the kind words! Before I started working for Taxi and writing for other artists/film and TV etc. I made music to try and make a new kind music and leave my mark. This is one I wrote when 911 happened . So recently I got it out and polished it up and figured....Let's see what it can do. so I cut it a few days ago here in my studio. It was fun to do what I wanted for a change. I know that don't pay the bills but it sure is fun and why I started making music. what "SELLS" and what has integrity to the art is a very blurred line for me these days . but, maybe I will solve that puzzle soon enough. lololol :lol:

p.s. I never realized it was that many genres, It is just what felt right for the subject matter.

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:19 pm

I really like the vocal line. It could come out more, I think.
After listening to some of your other tracks, I say Country? Am I close? :)

Gillihan
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Gillihan » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:18 pm

AlanHall wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:19 pm
I really like the vocal line. It could come out more, I think.
After listening to some of your other tracks, I say Country? Am I close? :)
I don't know. Lol that's is what my question is. I am belting vocally with no drawwwwwl and the guitar is really Balz out. I actually turned down the vocal after car review. My monitors never lie. Lol I thought they were right the 1st time. Ha!

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:33 pm

Gillihan wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:12 pm
I been trying to decide what genre this is. (be gentle) :D

https://www.taxi.com/members/I9RTiNcOS6 ... ft-behind-
Hits me like an 'epic' song that would run at the end of a movie, while the credits roll... sorta like Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On" - at the end of Titanic.
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra