What Happened to theMan In The Mirror

Want your lyics reviewed? Post 'em up!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: What Happened to theMan In The Mirror

Post by edteja » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:29 am

If someone says they only work with "songs" they like a lot, and you submitted lyrics and they said they liked them, I'd be suspicious. Clearly you are cutting yourself in for a collaborator and you know nothing about them. Better to get a composer partner. Since you do play guitar, you could also just meet some local musicians who have some recording gear and get them to do a recroding of it for you. Remind them that The Beatles first recording was "My Bonnie" backing Tony Sheridan and that's what got them hooked up with Brian.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

relay

Post by relay » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:45 pm

Update: March 18: I have since received another email from "said" company on this. I was invited to ask any questions that I may have. They were looking to know if I was still interested in them "helping" me with my songwriting career because they had not heard back from me. They want me to "reply back" to them and let them know my status and interest on working with them. So I have replied back tonite, should hear something in a day or so, I asked 1. Although I had sent the lyrics in on the "lyrics only" form, I did have melody chords for the song would they be interested in hearing the song in it's creative completeness of my song and music? 2. Would they elaborate on "why" they wanted a publishing contract signed at this point(with lyrics only). 3. Would they still want to "work" with and sign publishing/promotion rights if I had the demo done by another company?

relay

Post by relay » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:54 pm

Now that I'm a member think this will be my first demo! hmmmmmmmmmm????

relay

Post by relay » Thu May 11, 2006 6:49 am

What Happened to the Man in the Mirror will not be my first pro-demo but that's ok. Went with " What Love Can Do" Should be getting it back in 3-4 weeks. I'm SO EXCITED !!!!