WHAT I LIKED ABOUT RALLY 08-(use this one)

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jay10music
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

WHAT I LIKED ABOUT RALLY 08-(use this one)

Post by jay10music » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:45 pm

Post em up!

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: WHAT I LIKED ABOUT RALLY 08-(use this one)

Post by sgs4u » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:51 pm

Meeting you Jimi!

anne
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by anne » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:09 pm

All of the people who were putting out all that positive energy! And rubbing Weapon's bulges...

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:15 pm

Nov 17, 2008, 3:09pm, anne wrote:And rubbing Weapon's bulges...
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:26 pm

Other than the obvious lobby and dot moments... the panels, Lamont Dozier... etc., etc.The little stickers for the listening panels were convenient, AND I think helped make the whole process smoother IMHO. Perhaps that's one reason why there were fewer "wrong genre" random plays. A little thing, but kudos to whoever took the time to print up all those little suckers. It was noticed Aub

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ciskokidd » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:51 pm

My Top Ten:1. The Man - Lamont Dozier - what a sweet man behind the legend.2. The Lobby - the best place outside of this forum to meet great and talented folks.3. The Surprise - seeing Michael receive his well deserved award.4. The Hit Producer Panel - to get great and honest advice from people who really understand us as songwriters.5. The Lunch - having a power lunch with one of my publishers/mentors.6. The Book - buy it now!! Robin Friedrich's new book published by ML himself is a true classic on songwriting.7. The Microphone Babes - Yes it is a very good mic for the price!!8. The Masters - absolutely amazing workshops/masterclasses from Seskin, Pattison, Chiarelli, Blume, Josephs.9. The Dots - hanging out with all you great folks from the forum. 10. The Music - every year the production and craft gets better and better. Best,Cisko

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:34 pm

Nov 17, 2008, 3:09pm, anne wrote:And rubbing Weapon's bulges...Ya know what...? I'm thinking we'd ALL be better off if I simply leave that one alone. Wouldn't you agree?
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

heinsite
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by heinsite » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:36 pm

i dug the entire "first time" experience, meeting many of you forumites, all very cool folks you be, got to even talk to michael for a few minutes, and he didn't hit me....yeah aub, those stickers were very convenient, but i've got some suggestions on how MORE of us can get listened to by the panels that i've got to sit down and work on in an email to the brass--yes, it is great hearing the "others", but with SO many cd's plopped in the ring, and not to get pulled after 6 panels, well, i myself can understand it that it's a crap shoot, but there must be a way to improve one's odds--i heard too many grumblings from some folks i really respect, that aren't complaining blokes like myself...LOL...got to be a better way--actually, that is my ONLY complaint...so man, as i've said, a great rally and i've already used some of the ideas!oh, and meeting jimi and VERY GLAD she is not the sickly skinny thing in her picture up there--and i told her so!! much prettier in person she is...ok, i'm working on too many projects, haven't had much time here or anywhere else--and that's cool for now...all the best to all,warren

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crs7string » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:47 pm

Nov 17, 2008, 5:36pm, heinsite wrote: i've got some suggestions on how MORE of us can get listened to by the panels that i've got to sit down and work on in an email to the brass--yes, it is great hearing the "others", but with SO many cd's plopped in the ring, and not to get pulled after 6 panels, well, i myself can understand it that it's a crap shoot, but there must be a way to improve one's odds--warren Warren,One word:PAYOLA Chuck
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington

adrienne
Impressive
Impressive

Post by adrienne » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:49 pm

Nov 17, 2008, 3:09pm, anne wrote:And rubbing Weapon's bulges...LMAO!