What if your REVIEWER loves you!

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

slimcharm
Impressive
Impressive

What if your REVIEWER loves you!

Post by slimcharm » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:43 am

What if you have a reviewer that reviews your music, really likes it, but decides you are not quite right for a listing..If a listing comes up that you are perfect for (but you have not submitted too) is it possible the reviewer may think of you and forward you because they want to do a great job for the industry folks that use them also and they think your music is a match?

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: What if your REVIEWER loves you!

Post by davewalton » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:54 am

Quote:If a listing comes up that you are perfect for (but you have not submitted too) is it possible the reviewer may think of you and forward you because they want to do a great job for the industry folks that use them also and they think your music is a match?That would be lovely, but...They get way too many submissions for anyone to really stand out in that way. I picked up a deal with a music library through a Taxi forward and he told me that he asked Taxi to send everything - no screening. It took a year for him to contact me for the deal because he claims that he received in excess of 5000 tracks for several listings he ran. Boxes and boxes and boxes of CD's. This wasn't in the more popular Pop, R&B or Country categories either. Multiply that times all the listings every month. I imagine that the reviewers listen to hundreds of tracks every single day.Then there's the matter of that $5.00 that got collected for the listing submitted for but not paid for the listing that they forwarded to, if they would indeed do that. Plus I'm not sure that they would have the legal right to forward to a listing that you didn't specify. Dave

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: What if your REVIEWER loves you!

Post by matto » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:49 am

Working all the angles baby! No Taxi screener is aware of all the listing Taxi runs, they only know about the ones they are assigned to review.Only the Taxi staff knows about all the listings.Having said that, if you were to consistently submit KILLER material that's way above what everyone is submitting it's certainly possible to catch a screener's, or even better, the Taxi A&R staff's attention. I've seen it happen many times, and here's is just the most "famous" example: http://www.taxi.com/transmitter/0511/he ... 11.htmlBut to get to that point you need to submit consistently OUTSTANDING material over a period of time. One good review is obviously not gonna do it.