Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: What is this forum?

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:24 am

Paulie wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:48 pm
For some reason I see a lawn, and some kids, and a porch, and someone yelling. Not sure why. ;)
TL:DR - Old guy uses forum for personal storage :lol: Baffles other users

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:09 am

Casey H wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:28 am
It's a valid point that the forum might be better moved to different place here as people don't know what it is. Why don't you simply contact Taxi and ask them?
Hey @admin

To avoid further confusion for those of us who weren't here 14 years ago and were not aware this sub forum is actually just one members personal page for sharing lyrics to collaborators ( and NOT a forum for receiving lyric reviews ) could you please move it to a more appropriate section such as Collaboration.

SpecialGuestVillain
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by SpecialGuestVillain » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:54 pm

2004-2022 is 18 years, not 14.

Anyone with the time and motivation can search back through the pages. If they do, they'll find, maybe, four posts where people are curious about this page. I answer them and the Republic continues without interruption.

This page was created 18 years ago because Taxi members were inundating Taxi with complaints about the number of my posts. Even though I interacted with no one, as I heard it from Jimi Heath, they wanted me banned. This solution was proposed and I woke up one day to find this page, which I've put to good use.

You can go back to 2004 and see what was being posted and what came of it.

Here we are 18 years later and HARK!, a new player emerges who now complains that there IS a page. Oh, the irony.

I've had 5 or 6 internet stalkers over the years and they've all had one thing in common...they never post their own material. I've managed to goad a couple into it, and you can imagine the rest.

The fact is, it takes a certain frame of mind to be a good writer. And if you're worried about what some shnook on the internet is posting or whether he has a page, you don't have that frame of mind. You may be able to operate your machines, but that's different from writing.

And secretly, they know it.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:41 am

SpecialGuestVillain wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:54 pm
a new player emerges
I'm not new I've been on these forums for over 10 years
who now complains that there IS a page.
It's not that there is a page.......... it's just that the page is zero to do with the forum it's residing in. Or Taxi pretty much. It should be filed in the right place and not rely on other members having total recall.
they've all had one thing in common...they never post their own material.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - I've consistently posted my own material over the years, I even posted them to you in 2020 on your Punchy & Lefto thread when requested. Since then I've picked up a publisher that sub-publishes through MegaTrax so there's a bunch of my stuff on that platform now which is getting placements. Here you go.

https://www.megatrax.com/tracks?compose ... -797894740

Even my very first post 10yrs ago was me sharing my own material and I do it on a regular basis. I've also posted my progress every year for the last 3 years in Sync Licensing.

topic148673.html

So it's fairly laughable to say I never post up my own material. OTOH I've never seen you share any of your completed songs or mention any placements.
The fact is, it takes a certain frame of mind to be a good writer. And if you're worried about what some shnook on the internet is posting or whether he has a page, you don't have that frame of mind. You may be able to operate your machines, but that's different from writing.

And there's you're problem right there. Writing is writing. Whether it's an instrumental cue for a reality show written on laptop or an artist pitch recorded with a bunch of musicians in pro studio , there's a process and skillset required to reach the necessary bar at each step.

Lyrics are not actually that difficult in the grand scheme of things as they require little to no musicality. I'd argue that pretty much anyone that can read and write could come up with lyrics that were at least somewhat serviceable. The only barrier to entry is a pencil, some paper and a primary school education.

Fact is pretty much everyone of the 39k that have ever held an account on these forums could do what you do. It takes an infinitely bigger amount more work and dedication to learn to play instruments in multiple genres, write , arrange, record, mix and master them to a broadcast quality level. The vast majority never manage it because it's hard as f**k and they give up.

Maybe do the right thing and ask them to move your little thread to the correct forum so you're not posting alongside the people who genuinely want feedback.

SpecialGuestVillain
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by SpecialGuestVillain » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:24 am

I had to ask you to post your material, I couldn't find it anywhere and I can't now. When you did, I suspect my response led to your obsession with me.

Now, here we are.

Just on this page, there's a bunch of demos.

I generally don't make an announcement when I get a cut.
Why would I? I'm not a member of Taxi.

I've got four indie cuts in the pipeline.

This is where Taxi put my page 18 years ago. Why anyone would care, I don't know.

Isn't there a Peer to Peer section? Dude, post some music. Lots of it. Don't you have a deep catalog?

Forget about me. Don't you have a life? Live it. If my page is "little", it should be easy for you to ignore.

Ps...I just looked. Most of my recent posts here are demos.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:10 am

Forum rules.
the-rules-t2319.html
12. Be respectful to other forum members or you will be banned from this helpful and generous community of like-minded folks.

13. Your use of this forum indicates that you have read and agree to the above rules, terms, and conditions.
This is the most counter-productive discussion I've seen on this forum in a very long time. Sad. :cry: The Taxi forum is the most generous, helpful community I've even known :D and what's here is a very ugly stain on the whole community. And BTW, publishers, music sups, library execs, and others do read this forum from time to time.

SpecialGuestVillain
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by SpecialGuestVillain » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:33 am

You are absolutely right.

People read my page, too. I do have the right to respond as respectfully as I can, which is a tightrope. And as someone who has gone through this many times, I can assure you...it is not easy.
I've seen it happen with others and they weren't able to, either. It's a conundrum.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:40 am

Casey H wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:10 am
what's here is a very ugly stain on the whole community
I know. I thought I told you to ask them to move it somewhere more appropriate ;)

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:44 am

Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:33 am
And as someone who has gone through this many times, I can assure you...it is not easy.
If you've been through it many times maybe there's a reason

SpecialGuestVillain
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by SpecialGuestVillain » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:52 am

There is. I explained it in detail two posts ago.

At this point, I can only implore you to please concentrate on posting and promoting your own material here on Taxi and forget about me.

I have never bothered you here. Post away on Peer to Peer. You have my word...I won't bother you. I have no interest in you at all. Please leave me alone.