What Passes For the Past demo

By popular demand...

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

good4somethingbum
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

What Passes For the Past demo

Post by good4somethingbum » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:29 am

hope ya like it. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_mu ... 431939What Passes For the PastWell, the hall is full of whispers, and the walls are grey and blankShadows roost on rusty nails, where her pictures used to hangMister, I made one false move, so she finally moved onAfter what I went and did, the past should be done and goneChorus But what passes for the pastAre regrets in an empty glassThe only things that want meAre memories that haunt meCos the things I see most clearLong ago all disappearedI reach for love beyond my graspCos that’s what passes for the pastPerfumed letters by the bottle, I just pour and sit and stareI don’t even have to read them, what they said still fills the airYesterday becomes tomorrow, that one mistake was mineUntil time lets me take it back, drinkin’ takes me back in timeChorus Mornings just serve to remind meThat my future is behind meChorus ©2008 Al Carmichael/Robert George

good4somethingbum
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: What Passes For the Past demo

Post by good4somethingbum » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:21 am

this just got a nice traditional demo by my co-writer Al Carmichael.

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aimusic » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:30 am

I aint gonna lie... I LOVE THE SONG!!!!! I think the lyrics are brilliant! The only thing I could say is that it sounds like throughout the piece there's a very repetitive melody - although I know nothing about country, but I think this song is really great!Good luck and Take CareB

good4somethingbum
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by good4somethingbum » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:09 am

thanks aimusic.

davekershaw
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davekershaw » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:20 am

Very melancholic.I like it.Nice effective lead break too.

good4somethingbum
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by good4somethingbum » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:23 am

thanks dave and hey...that phrase about the kettle is a crack-up, did you think of it yourself?

davekershaw
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davekershaw » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:46 am

Apr 18, 2008, 8:23am, good4somethingbum wrote:thanks dave and hey...that phrase about the kettle is a crack-up, did you think of it yourself?No, I have to admit, it was someone elses.Could add to it and make a song though:I put the kettle on today,it didn't suit me,So I thought I'd try a coffee cup,which really made me see,there's more to life than image,don't worry what folks think,hold on, I've got an idea,I'll try the kitchen sink!

good4somethingbum
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by good4somethingbum » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:34 am

there you go Dave...half way there.

ontariolightning
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ontariolightning » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:46 am

So according to the lyric the only thing that passes for the past is regret? I can turn on the radio and hear 5 songs like this in an hourMaybe they're in high demand? Clever hook though, tried listening to the music but his low voice and the music made me wanna jump off a cliff, too depressing, people like that i guess, good luck

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:11 am

Rob, this is the same Aaron from that other website. Aaron, get a life...Apr 19, 2008, 1:46pm, ontariolightning wrote:So according to the lyric the only thing that passes for the past is regret? I can turn on the radio and hear 5 songs like this in an hourMaybe they're in high demand? Clever hook though, tried listening to the music but his low voice and the music made me wanna jump off a cliff, too depressing, people like that i guess, good luck