What route should I take?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mixopenta
Impressive
Impressive

What route should I take?

Post by mixopenta » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:28 pm

Considering I was returned for the suspense listing (nag,nag), I thought maybe I should take another route for this listing, which I believe comes from the same listing party:The Owner of a new Music Library needs a wide range of high-energy DRAMA INSTRUMENTALS (no vocals) for ACTION/CHASE SCENES for use in film/TV/commercials, etc. This production music veteran signed dozens of TAXI writers to his previous company, and wants to repeat that same type of success with this new venture. He needs tracks with button ending - no fade-outs. This company will offer a standard exclusive deal where they will control the publishing rights of the songs they sign, the writer keeps the writer's share of the royalties, and the license fees are split between company & writer. Great performances are essential. Broadcast quality needed [excellent home recordings are OK]. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Oct. 15, 2007. TAXI # S071015INHowever, as I am a newbie at handling EWSQL instruments, and have absolutely no orchestral background, this quest might be a bit over my head. So what I would like is some input on how (if) I could improve the orchestral track, or maybe some friendly advice I should go back to bricklaying. I have two options, either I go with plain electronica stuff like this one:http://www.broadjam.com/artists/artist_ ... ID=E7887A5 Or I can take the orchestral approach, like this one:http://www.broadjam.com/artists/artist_ ... ID=E7887A5

ncc1701
Impressive
Impressive

Re: What route should I take?

Post by ncc1701 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:44 pm

Those are both great for this listing, I think. The orchestral one loses a little intensity in the middle, but that's not necessarily a bad thing - I can totally envision a spot in a chase sequence where the action slows down and you think everything's quiet, then suddenly it's back on.The horns in the orchestral one sound really good - it's the piano that sounds the most stiff and unnatural. Both the low rhythmic throb and the higher melodic notes toward the end.That said, I'll be ecstatic when the day comes that I can program my EWQLSO to sound like that! I need to get my rear in gear and start messing with it.Kathleen

mixopenta
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mixopenta » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:44 pm

Thanks Kathleen. I probably just submit both of them, see what happens.(And you're so right about the piano, I will fix that) Thanks! It's appreciated

amos
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by amos » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:35 am

Hey Ulf,So far I really like your stuff. The first one seems to be right on target.On the second one, the rattle at 18 seconds really gives it that hectic element that it needed. I'm not too sure about the slower middle part, but I think having that in there gives it some nice room to breathe. I would definitely go forward with these.Good Luck.

mixopenta
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mixopenta » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:00 pm

Thanks for listening Paul,I'm not sure about the middle part either, that really came out of nowhere and while at the time I thought it was pretty cool, I later read in another thread, Matto explaining how library music only should have one "emotion" in each track. And that makes perfect sense.So, in the 'Action3' track; while the first and last part are kind of soft "M.I." sounding, the middle part gives me a more "classic-romantic" feel...(like the 19th century hero is riding through the woods to rescue the princess...)" sort of vibe. So in that sense these two parts doesn't glue.The listing also mentions "high energy", and it might need a bit more of that to be in target. The first step toward that is to at least raise the rattle a notch.And the give it some more thinking.... Thanks for the feedback

rick
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rick » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:58 am

I think the electronic is the better chase scene.Having said that I actually like the other piece better I just don't hear it as a chase scene.Really nice work!!!!!!

mixopenta
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mixopenta » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:44 pm

Hey Rick, thanks for the input!I think that "Action3" is having a more "hurry so you don't be late", rather than "being chased", air to it...I think I'll go experimental on this listing... sending three tracks with very different styles, just to see what they say. Thanks for listening!