What's on your iPod?

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: What's on your iPod?

Post by ernstinen » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:31 am

Hovhaness: Mysterious MountainMiles Davis: Bitches BrewHendrix: Band Of GypsiesPhish: A Live OneColtrane: Giant StepsBeatles: White AlbumTom Petty: WildflowersRadiohead: Kid ADebussy: La MerJohn Scofield: A Go GoZZ Top: RhythmeenIs that 10? I flunked counting in school! Ern

spariam
Impressive
Impressive

Post by spariam » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:15 am

Always changing...Beethoven - Symponies Delius - Florida SuiteCarl Stalling ProjectTrois Coleurs (Red) SoundtrackBrave Heart SoundtrackMusic from the Film Cal - Mark KnopflerThe Elders - Racing the Tide (I played on it...)Jeff Pearce - Lingering LightPatrick O'Hearn - mixedImogen Heap - Speak For Yourself

roughly
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by roughly » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:48 am

Some great albums here! It's great to see what other people are listening to...makes me want to pull out some old albums I haven't listened to in awhile and also check out some new ones you have all mentioned. Especially some of those soundtracks and the blues music and the classical. I wish I could go listen to it all now (but I suppose all together it wouldn't sound so good). And I'll go ahead and finish off the list of 10 with what my husband has been listening to a lot (with me around so it's kinda in my cd player too).7. Code 64 Soundtrack8. The Island Soundtrack9. T-Bone Burnett10. Taking Back Sunday - Louder NowYa, I guess looking back I do have a diverse spread of music. I never really think about it... until we try to write music and rather than being any particular genre it's a bastard of many different styles that no one wants to claim as theirs How 'bout everyone else, what are you all listening to?-Theresa

drew
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by drew » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:06 am

Carolina In The Pines - Michael MurphyThe Way It Is - Bruce HornsbyThick As A Brick - TullIn Memory of Elizabeth Reed - Allman Bros.Suite Judy Blue Eyes - CSNYSpooky - Atlanta Rhythm SectionIt's A Long Way There (long vers.) - Little River BandRiders On The Storm - DoorsI Will Get By - Grateful DeadMake A Little Magic - Nitty GrittyReeling In The Years - Steely DanDon't Do It - The BandI don't know how many this is but Ern said it was 10.All of it is great old stuff
It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:27 am

OK, I am turning on my iPod and setting it to shuffle all songs... I am posting the first 10 songs that come up:1. Lovely To See You - Moody Blues2. Scenes from an Italian Restaurant - Billy Joel3. The Band Wore Blue Shirts - Joe Jackson4. Sweet Child of Mine - Sheryl Crow 5. Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous - Good Charlotte6. Where Were You When I Needed You - Grass Roots7. Proud Mary - Creedence Clearwater Revival8. Watching The Detectives - Elvis Costello9. Girlfriend is Better - Talking Heads (Live from "Stop Making Sense")10. Hanging By A Moment - Lifehouse A mega-favorite of mine Casey

booker
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by booker » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:29 am

Any of you over 35 have any new artists on there?

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:09 am

Quote:Any of you over 35 have any new artists on there?Actually, quite a bit... Of my 700 songs loaded so far, not the majority but there is some Blink 182, Green Day, Dashboard Confessional, Something Corporate, Lifehouse, All American Rejects, American Hi-Fi, Hoobastank (sp?) and more... I can't think of anything brand spanking new, I'm slow to adapt that way! Casey

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:31 am

New? What's old about my stuff?None of it was around in the 60s.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:46 am

Quote:New? What's old about my stuff?None of it was around in the 60s.That reminds me of a Jethro Tull concert we went to a couple of years ago. After playing his first song he says "OK... now we're going to play something a little more current... here's a song from 1974. (And yes, I know Ian Anderson's name isn't Jethro Tull).

mani
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mani » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:26 pm

Don't have an Ipod but this is some of what I've been listening to recently:CanThe Buzzcocks (the greatest punk band ever!)Joy DivisionInterpol (pretty good Joy Division knock-offs)Radiohead (pretty good Can knockoffs!)BlurIn a bit of a white boy indie phase at the moment!