What's on your iPod?

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: What's on your iPod?

Post by Casey H » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:02 am

OK, this morning's random 10 from Casey's iPod shuffle:The Boys Of Summer - The AtarisBlue Moment - Me (songwriter)Going Down To Liverpool - The BanglesRock Show - Blink 182Touched By Your Presence - BlondieCold Blue Steel and Sweet Fire - Joni MitchellDirty Little Secret - All American RejectsYou and Me - LifehouseRadio Radio - Elvis CostelloThe Difference - The Wallflowers

booker
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by booker » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:39 am

The only reason I brought that up (I wasn't dissing anyone) was because of this NPR commentary. Check it out, you might find it funny.http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... Id=5652676

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:42 am

Quote:The only reason I brought that up (I wasn't dissing anyone) was because of this NPR commentary. Check it out, you might find it funny.http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... 5652676Hey RockCool story... That explains us old farts.. OK, now I feel even more challenged to find 10 songs on my iPod that go against the grain of the above. But I admit, they are not the majority...It's All Been Done - Bare Naked LadiesTime Stands Still - All American RejectsChampagne Supernova - OasisUntil The Day I Die - Story of the YearUnwell - Matchbox TwentyAlways - Blink 182Paranoia - Green DaySuperman - Five for FightingBring Me To Life - Evanescence1985 - Bowling for SoupNow, I really gotta say.. I had to flip past A LOT of Elvis Costello, Stones, Who, Sheryl Crow, Joe Jackson, Bruce Springsteen, Talking Heads, Gin Blossoms, CSNY and just Y, Monkees... to get there. However, I don't follow the exact +20 years trend mentioned in the NPR story. That would put my focus at 1974. I am a 60's nut and there is a fair amount of 80's music I listen to as shown above. BUT, I would probably not even know most of the 10 listed songs up top if I didn't have teenage kids. Casey

augustheat
Impressive
Impressive

Post by augustheat » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:34 am

Hey Guys!I have somewhat of a "Pandora's box" going as of late...(Not in any particular order...)1. Feist2. Plumb "Chaotic Resolve"3. Matisyahu4. Red Hot Chili Peppers "Stadium Arcadium"5. Donald Fagen "Morph The Cat"6. K.T. Tunstall "Eye to the Telescope"7. Prince "Madhouse 8 & 16"8. Imogen Heap "Speak For Yourself"9. Rusted Root0. Sinatra "The Capital Years"The Sinatra will give me away as somewhat of an oldie (46), but you've got to love the way that voice plays like an instrument! Some of you Prince fans might be asking about Madhouse 8 & 16. These are two jazz projects Prince did in the 80's. They are out of print, but can still be had on eBay. I absolutely love 'em!
Craig Larson
August Heat Productions
Apple Valley, MN

spariam
Impressive
Impressive

Post by spariam » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:25 pm

This week I added the Edward Scissorhands soundtrack (Danny Elfman)...and I just ordered the Speed soundtrack (Mark Mancina) - that'll be going on the mp3 player once I get it...