What's on your iPod?

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

What's on your iPod?

Post by Casey H » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:09 pm

So, what's on your iPod? (or CD or mp3 player?)Name up to 10 songs or artists that you are listening to these days... Old or new, whatever...Me...Indigo Girls: "Closer To Fine", "Least Complicated"...The Who from "Live at Leeds": "Substitute" and "Summertime Blues"Springsteen: "Atlantic City"John Prine and Bonnie Raitte live: "Angel From Montgomery"BTW, if you've heard those Live at Leeds tracks by the Who you can see just how great music can sound live with true talent behind it... Contrast with today's pop stars.So?? What ya got on??? Casey

roughly
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: What's on your iPod?

Post by roughly » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:16 pm

Lately I've been listening to: 1. Hillary Duff 2. Ella Fitzgerald 3. the Sugar Cubes 4. a collection of covers of the song Summertime (amazing how that song can never get old with all the different interpretations)5. A new hard rock band called 18 Visions6. And because I can't narrow it down to just 5 I have to add that I've been listening to the William Shatner album (produced by Ben Folds).-Theresa

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:51 pm

Quote:BTW, if you've heard those Live at Leeds tracks by the Who you can see just how great music can sound live with true talent behind it... Contrast with today's pop stars.So?? What ya got on??? Casey "Live At Leeds" is in my top 5 of great live rock performances. I have to put Hendrix's "Band Of Gypsies" at #1.Others are "Live At Red Rocks" by U2. "I Will Follow" connects me to God.But if you like rock, check out the latest DVD of live Led Zeppelin. Just incredible.Ern

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:28 am

Quote:Lately I've been listening to: 1. Hillary Duff 2. Ella Fitzgerald You automatically get the "Diverse Music Listening Award". I can bet that these two aren't anywhere near each other in any music collection or iPod. Probably not even for sale in the same stores. Good for you.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:32 am

Quote:Lately I've been listening to: 1. Hillary Duff 2. Ella Fitzgerald 3. the Sugar Cubes 4. a collection of covers of the song Summertime (amazing how that song can never get old with all the different interpretations)5. A new hard rock band called 18 Visions6. And because I can't narrow it down to just 5 I have to add that I've been listening to the William Shatner album (produced by Ben Folds).-TheresaHey Theresa... OK, I changed it to "name up to 10"... Just a guideline to keep the posts short...

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:46 am

Quote:Quote:Lately I've been listening to: 1. Hillary Duff 2. Ella Fitzgerald You automatically get the "Diverse Music Listening Award". I can bet that these two aren't anywhere near each other in any music collection or iPod. Probably not even for sale in the same stores. Good for you. Yes, very diverse!!I recently picked up the Judy Collins Greatest Hits CD to have songs like "Who Knows Where The Time Goes"... I can play that along side the hardest rock I have without any problem. However, I am nowhere near as diverse in my listening as Theresa!My late teens and early twenties were musically centered around WNEW-FM New York, a free-form station at the time whereby the DJ's made up any sets of song the liked. I was used to hearing the Stones, Led Zep, and Judy Collins all in the same set. Every time I hear that Judy Collins' song on my iPod I am thrown back to those days. Casey

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:43 am

My list of recent listening includes:1. Bartok2. Enya3. Rob Roy Parnell4. Kitaro5. T-Bone Fisher (a blues guy I know)6. Ralph Towner7. Paco de Lucia8. John Renbourne9. Blind Boy Fuller10. ShadowfaxToday it'll be something different. There is some Coltrane I haven't put on in a long time...
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:57 am

Technically, it's on my daughter's iPod but I use it a lot since she's in school all day. Let's see I have:1. Hurowitz2. Nomi3. Traveling Ed4. Hummingbird5. Ern Actually all good choices but I really have a variety of movie soundtracks and electronica stuff like:1. National Treasure (soundtrack)2. Crystal Method - Legion of Boom3. BT - Emotional Technology4. Batman Begins (soundtrack)5. Bourne Supremacy (soundtrack)

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:23 am

Quote:Technically, it's on my daughter's iPod but I use it a lot since she's in school all day. Let's see I have:1. Hurowitz2. Nomi3. Traveling Ed4. Hummingbird5. Ern Actually all good choices but I really have a variety of movie soundtracks and electronica stuff like:1. National Treasure (soundtrack)2. Crystal Method - Legion of Boom3. BT - Emotional Technology4. Batman Begins (soundtrack)5. Bourne Supremacy (soundtrack)HA!If you would like me on your iPod just ask for a link to download!!! Or CDs available for $9.95... That means I PAY YOU the $9.95... cAsEy

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:11 am

Dave, thanks for thinking of me. luvHummin'bird PS - 'Waiting for the Bus' is on iTunes
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website