What's The Purpose Of Life

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

What's The Purpose Of Life

Post by aimusic » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:41 am

Hey All,I've often found myself watching someone (not in a creepy way) and I always wonder, what's their purpose to life? Life is sooo fragile, one moment you're here, the next you're not - so what is the purpose/point to life?I mean, you're born, you live, you die...What's your take on life, what do you believe is your purpose for being here?I'm really keen to see what everyone has to say.I believe I'm here to help as many people as I can.....Much love, peace and happiness to everyone!!!!Take CareB

mojobone
King of the World
King of the World

Re: What's The Purpose Of Life

Post by mojobone » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:42 am

I think you should probably rent and watch Monty Python's Meaning Of Life before asking the question.
The Straight Stuff; Roots, Rock & Soul

http://twangfu.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/mojo_bone

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aimusic » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:46 am

Hey Mojo,Seen it, in fact I live in the Town where it was filmed EDITOr sorry, should I say part of it...

pitterpatter
Impressive
Impressive

Post by pitterpatter » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:44 am

Way too deep of a question, Bradn but it's one we've all wondered about. I tend to think of this planet as a giant school. I believe we are all here to improve our souls in whatever way God deems best. We are all teachers and students at the same time. I also believe that Jesus Christ is the example of perfect love that we can aspire to be like and that He is here to help us in any way He can if we pray and ask Him. The struggles we go through force us to choose between right and wrong, darkness or light and there are consequences for every choice we make. ie. If I buy a new pair of shoes when I already have 20 pairs of shoes, when I know that there are people starving in the world, what kind of decision is that? Until I arrive at the right choice which is to value human life more than I value another pair of extra shoes that I may end up not even liking or caring about in a couple of weeks, I will continue with the lessons of materialism. And what's the best way to learn that lesson? Jesus said that a man will reap what he sows. So, someday, someone may buy an extra pair of shoes while I starve or some similar experience. There is nothing like getting it back to find out what it's like to be the recipient of that kind of attitude. I believe we will continue to reap what we sow until we learn what we are supposed to and the need for the lesson is gone. When the need for the lesson is gone, the lesson goes and another one presents itself. That's pretty much my philosophy regarding the meaning of life.

mewman
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by mewman » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:20 pm

Lifes a gift....open it!

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by squids » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:35 pm

Well, I've spent way lotta time with people who don't have much of it so I can tell you, humbly, what I've learned. If you want. Some folks jes like ta wonder though.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:42 pm

The meaning of life - lots of people will tell you 'the answer', the 'truth' that they believe, lol. Of course 'the truth' is different for many people around the globe. And I don't think it's my place to dictate to them what their truth should be (or vice versea).My journey has lead me to aspire to grow into being a conscious human being, free of preconcieved notions, programming and prejudices. Being alive in the moment, and realizing you are the awareness behind your thoughts. Using your time wisely & well, living from the inside out and appreciating the gifts you have been given. There are many other things I could say, but I'll just end by saying... my goal in life is to rise above my programming and become more than I ever dreamed of being. To be in the music every day and to live the most creative life I can. Have good friends and maintain good health. To be delighted dailyhttp://bedelighteddaily.blogspot.com/
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by squids » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:32 pm

Also, to have completely hunky guys as your avatar (underneath yo post). Da's some kinda delight you got all goin on there, sweepea. But I get whatcha sayin....to overcome the programming. Free the mind, stretch out, see what happens. Sweet!

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aimusic » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:10 am

Hey PitterPatter,Spiritual? Coz I have the same belief system. I'm here to learn lessons, and when my soul has finally learnt all it's require lessons - I'm ready to move on.I know it's a really deep topic and I hope no-one gets offended... I just want to hear from everyone on their view of life because I ponder about it a lot.Many thanks to everyone for putting in their replies - even Mojo - classic film.... Monty Python's stuff is legendary!Take CareB

benjamine
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by benjamine » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:22 am

TAXI,the meaning of life??????