What to do after returns

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mteezykeys
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

What to do after returns

Post by mteezykeys » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:51 am

Hi guys, I'm new to taxi. Was wondering about your approach to returns. Do you guys go back and redo the tracks that are returned, or take the information and use it for the next track you're working on?

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: What to do after returns

Post by Telefunkin » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:11 am

Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

boinkeee2000
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: What to do after returns

Post by boinkeee2000 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:27 pm

Depends on the critique. if its a listing issue (off-target, arrangement) I usually dont since that ship has sailed and an opportunity in the future may fit what you have or i'd find a home for it myself (if you're happy with it as is). if its a production issue (mix, intonation, instrumentation, performance) then i take in consideration the advise and see if i agree or disagree, most often I will make revisions per their recommendations, marinate on it for a while, then see if the track is better or worse for me (bottom line: you are the final judge of your content) . . . once you gain enough experience and relationships you start to pick your battles (what works for the industry and for you, and what wont). but if you're at a stage where your unsure of yourself, I suggest listening to critiques and seasoned folks til you gain perspective...