What you think??

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

dabbott0

What you think??

Post by dabbott0 » Fri May 26, 2006 8:13 am

Hey all, i am a new member with taxi community and want to know what people think of everything. You can find my music at http://www.myspace.com/localsongwriterLet me know what you think. Add me if you happen to have myspace. Thanks. Dan

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: What you think??

Post by andreh » Fri May 26, 2006 12:28 pm

Welcome, Dan.I listened to the two tracks on your site. I think they have lots of character and potential.They're in desperate need of live players, and it's often hard to tell what section of the song we're in (partly because there is no vocal guiding us).Nonetheless, I think these tunes could have appeal. With some great lyrics and real instruments, I can hear your songs becoming catchy, John Mayer-influenced, mellow pop tunes.What are you hoping to do with your music?Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

dabbott0

Post by dabbott0 » Fri May 26, 2006 3:37 pm

Andre,Im just waiting for my "vocalist" to get back to me with extra thinking. One day is still up in the air with vocalist. I want to pitch and market my songs to who ever I can. I also want to write and compose for film/tv. Are you a memever for Taxi?? Anywho, Be glad to hear from you.Dan

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Fri May 26, 2006 3:48 pm

Dan-I'm not a member of Taxi yet, but I will be soon...just waiting until I have some time to devote to Taxi pitches.If you know the markets you want to tackle, then I suggest emulating artists in those styles to understand what they're doing...and then branch out with your own "versions" of those styles. Commercial music is all about boundaries, and ya gotta know where the lines are to paint inside 'em.Keep working hard and you'll do fine!Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

dabbott0

Post by dabbott0 » Sat May 27, 2006 2:38 pm

Yeah i will be joining taxi around the end of june. Here are the lyrics to One day. Its on my website. Let me know if you think they work together. Thanks for all your help so far. Let me know if you ever need anythingDan [Intro]Ooooh, oooohOoooooh, oooooohI am wondering, waiting Hurry[Verse I]Get in the carHit my headWondering, waitingRace against timeMove out of my wayGetting pass the barricadesHurry, please hurry[Verse II]Moving quicker than everI pull up in aweSeeing the damageWith my own eyesEveryone is okayMy heart starts to slow down[Chorus]One day, changed everythingOne spark, one lightOne day gave me the strengthThat one day[Verse I]Get in the carHit my headWondering, waitingRace against timeMove out of my wayGetting pass the barricadesHurry, please hurry[Verse II]Moving quicker than everI pull up in aweSeeing the damageWith my own eyesEveryone is okayMy heart starts to slow down [Chorus]One day, changed everythingOne spark, one lightOne day gave me the strengthThat one day[Ending]Now that everything is overI am still wondering, waitingWondering, waiting