where can I find signable work for hire document

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ErinC
Active
Active

where can I find signable work for hire document

Post by ErinC » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:01 am

I have musicians that I would like to sign work for hire documents remotely. Where do you get your forms from? Should I just mail them the PDF I have and send return postage? That feels overly old school... Any advice on where to get a work for hire document musicians can sign and email me back? Thanks in advance for your help :)

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: where can I find signable work for hire document

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:36 pm

ErinC wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:01 am
I have musicians that I would like to sign work for hire documents remotely. Where do you get your forms from? Should I just mail them the PDF I have and send return postage? That feels overly old school... Any advice on where to get a work for hire document musicians can sign and email me back? Thanks in advance for your help :)
I've never actually done WFH with anyone so hopefully someone can point you in the right direction of a standard form but on the subject of signing them, if you send it as a PDF there is a " Fill & Sign " option on Adobe Acrobat Reader and you can make a signature file on a free phone app using your finger and Acrobat will remember it after the first time. You may need to get used to the process as that's how most libraries operate when they send contracts etc.

Mark