Who do we believe?

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

cameron
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Who do we believe?

Post by cameron » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:56 pm

Just got a return on three songs I'd submitted. I guess that's to be expected for the high-bar country listings I'm chasing, but it's hard to take any of the critiques seriously when every screener says something different. I've received previous critiques on all three songs. Today's screener said "could benefit from more development" and rated the lyrics relatively poor on one song (a four). The Taxi custom critique I got last week on the same song said "Your story has good development. I really like your lyric, it is relatable (sic) and engaging." and gave the lyrics a 7. I could go on, but you get the idea.I realize that a critique is just one person's opinion, and that there are always other listings... but to me this is one big flaw in Taxi's system. I know Taxi just reflects the industry, but to me, having to get by a screener-- who may or may not share the client's tastes-- just to get somebody in the industry to listen to your song is not a good thing. Basically, with Taxi you have to get through two people instead of just one, so your chances of success are reduced accordingly. Of course, Taxi gives you the CHANCE to get a listen from some major labels who you would never get to listen to you songs otherwise, but I think it's important not to put all your eggs in the Taxi basket. Yes, I understand why Taxi keeps their standards high, but what's good for Taxi is not necessarily what's good for you. Keep promoting your songs and building your own contacts, and remember that Taxi is just another tool in your bag.Cam