Who else got a forward for the Indie Folk vocal listing?

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Who else got a forward for the Indie Folk vocal listing?

Post by JohnnyP » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:19 pm

Hey folks. Happy New Year!
The forwards blog hasn't been updated in a few weeks so I was wondering who else got a forward for the listing below?.. Here's mine that was forwarded yesterday. This was one of the few times I actually wrote to a listing lol! Have a great 2020!

https://soundcloud.com/jp-pearson-1/we-can-do-anything

Y191218FK
Foot Stompin’ INDIE FOLK/AMERICANA SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a Music Licensing Company that gets TONS of placements on numerous TV networks!

They’re looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Songs in the general stylistic ballpark of the references they gave us below (and other Songs/acts in that wheelhouse):

“Ho Hey” by The Lumineers

“Little Talks” by Of Monsters And Men

“I Will Wait” Mumford & Sons

Please submit roots-y Songs that capture the essence of the Indie Folk/Americana genre. Your submissions should have organic-based instrumentation, moving melodies, inspirational lyrics, and vocal performances that engage the audience on an emotional level. Your production style can range from very simple tracks with just acoustic guitar, handclaps, and foot stomps, etc. to small acoustic-based ensembles and even all the way up to more fully produced tracks. Having a well-performed and distinctive vocal sound/identity could also help you stand out.

TAXI Tip: Adding in some simple, non-lyrical Group harmony vocal parts like: “whoas,” “yeahs,” “heys,” “ohhhs,” etc., could be an icing on the cake, but they’re not absolutely necessary…just an option!

Although they didn’t ask for specific lyric themes, universal lyrics that avoid references to specific names, places, dates, times, brands, and profanity could make your Songs more appealing. Please do NOT copy the referenced artists or Songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, and they guarantee placements within 18 months! If they don’t get your Songs used during that term, you get your rights back. You’ll split all upfront sync fees 50/50. You’ll keep 100% of the Writer’s share and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright.
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com