Who Was That Open Mic Night Artist?

From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mishmash

Who Was That Open Mic Night Artist?

Post by mishmash » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum (so please excuse any faux-pas). It was great to meet so many amazing people at the Rally.
Did anyone go to the open mic in the Concourse Ballroom on Friday night? There were a ton of great artists! One guy in particular blew me away, and I'd like to hear more of his work. He played guitar and sang an uptempo feel-good song and had on a bright yellow t-shirt. I think his name is Adam and he's living in LA originally from Vancouver. Is this ringing any bells for anyone? Does anyone know who he is?
Thanks so much!
Michelle

kclements
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Who Was That Open Mic Night Artist?

Post by kclements » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:33 am

Welcome to the Forum!

I wasn't in the room that night, so I can't help you there. You might want to give Taxi a call - I know that people sign up to do the open mic night - I don't know if Taxi keeps that list. But they might know who you are talking about. If not, maybe they can tell you who was MC'ing the room and maybe they would know. It's worth a phone call.

cheers
kc
kayle clements

When opportunity knocks, you better be dressed and ready to go!

clementunes.com | taxi | soundcloud

jmarkinman
Active
Active

Post by jmarkinman » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:21 pm

I talked to him afterwards. His name is Adam, and as far as I understand it, he was a party crasher (not a taxi member or official guest), but I was super glad to meet him and he is a really cool and chill guy. He does live in LA. I got his card, so I could email him if you want. What do you want me to ask him?

mishmash

Post by mishmash » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Hey - that sounds like the guy! I just want to hear more of his music. That one song was amazing.

I'm new to the forum...is there a way you can send me a private message here with his soundcloud or site or last name (and I'll google him)?

I haven't figure out how to get all my info on here yet. I can also contact you via soundcloud. what is easiest for you?

Thanks again for your help with this! :D
Happy Thanksgiving!

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:51 pm

jmarkinman wrote:I talked to him afterwards. His name is Adam, and as far as I understand it, he was a party crasher (not a taxi member or official guest), but I was super glad to meet him and he is a really cool and chill guy. He does live in LA. I got his card, so I could email him if you want. What do you want me to ask him?
I guess I have a different attitude about this. If he truly was a gate crasher- not a member or official guest, I wouldn't want him to gain anything, even the slightest attention, from it. It angers me that someone would crash the party that way.

Casey

mishmash

Post by mishmash » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:49 pm

Hey Casey - I understand. Not cool. Maybe he heard what an awesome event it was, with such amazing talented people and decided to check it out?
You guys impressed me my first Rally. Maybe he will be a new member?

jmarkinman
Active
Active

Post by jmarkinman » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:22 pm

I got your message.. I seemed to have misplaced where it went, though! I will get you his info, I need to search through my business card file, sorry for the delay. Thanksgiving here in the States, you know!