Why Dispatch?

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Zaychi
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Why Dispatch?

Post by Zaychi » Thu May 14, 2020 2:18 am

I read the description, I just don't understand it... it seems to be about shorter-than-regular deadlines, but the recent dispatch listings have similar deadlines to the regular ones?

So apart from excluding submission from members who haven't upgraded, what is the point of TAXI dispatch?

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Why Dispatch?

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu May 14, 2020 7:56 am

They are talking about rolling it all into one now so there will be no special Dispatch service as such

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gitanosoy » Thu May 14, 2020 10:04 am

I am glad you brought this up,I asked the same question on the live chat at the daily "Quarantine show" the reply I got was "after you get your feet wet and settle and have understood the language of the submissions i.e buttoned ending...stinger and other stuff then they offer you the DISPATCH for more instrumental opportunities but then sometimes they don't get enough submissions and it ends up in the regular INSTRUMENTAL listings ...about the dead lines, yeah some of them are really short timeline and some are standard 2-3 weeks.

..and what Mark said is true..when it is going to happen ..no idea yet...I hope soon for those who are 100% instrumental for more opportunities. :D

TaxiLurker
Active
Active

Post by TaxiLurker » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:28 am

Looks like dispatch is back, I saw the "Dispatch Upgrade"
Does anyone knows if this is a different Dispatch as it used to be?
What could I expect if I join now?

ScreamieBirds
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by ScreamieBirds » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:51 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:56 am
They are talking about rolling it all into one now so there will be no special Dispatch service as such
I hope so - it doesn’t seem right to make you pay even more for more listings. I already can’t find many potential listings in the regular list.
Screamie Birds Studios
http://www.screamiebirds.com

Jonharding

Post by Jonharding » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:14 am

I’m actually really frustrated that there is basically a separate membership for instrumental/cue requests and one that you can only be a member of by becoming a standard member! You can only upgrade to it.
I’m a new member and have really liked so far but this is wrong of taxi I feel.
Also, when I followed the link through to see how much it would be it ($116) It would only give me membership until May so I wouldn’t even get a full year out of it! I assume it takes me up when I need to renew my standard membership and god knows how much I’d have to pay them to renew both!
I’ve read people saying in the forum they are going to scrap it? Anyone know anymore about it? Can’t see that Taxi have officially said that anywhere

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:21 am

Jonharding wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:14 am
Also, when I followed the link through to see how much it would be it ($116) It would only give me membership until May so I wouldn’t even get a full year out of it! I assume it takes me up when I need to renew my standard membership and god knows how much I’d have to pay them to renew both!
it's prorated based on your current membership period, a full year of Dispatch is $150 USD in addition to the regular membership fee ($199 USD for renewals). Submission fee is the same for both.

For me, over a year, that would work out to $38 CAD per month plus submission fees. Stuff like that is why I don't have cable :lol: :lol:
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:34 am

Jonharding wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:14 am
I’ve read people saying in the forum they are going to scrap it? Anyone know anymore about it? Can’t see that Taxi have officially said that anywhere
Michael mentioned in a Taxi TV that they were considering rolling it all into one membership. i think that's about as official as you can get but whether it will come to pass who knows ?

Jonharding

Post by Jonharding » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:50 am

Thanks guys and especially hummingbird- I noticed you responded to another post of mine on metadata. You guys are brilliant!!
Regarding dispatch I’m gunna go for it despite my annoyance as ultimately I think I’ll have stronger submissions.

Jonharding

Post by Jonharding » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:28 am

Matheus seem to sell it as a quick turnaround but I’ve also seen quick turnaround briefs on the standard membership too. Almost all the dispatch ones I have been notified about have been instrumental/cues and in the other hand most of the standard listings are song based. All the instrumental ones that have appealed to me have been from dispatch which is why it annoyed me a bit knowing I would likely sign and have to pay again. It’s not the money as it’s not a lot- it’s principal. Should be one whole membership