Why You'll Get Paid Less from Streaming on TAXI TV

Hang with your friends from the TAXI TV Chat Room and discuss the episodes

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

TAXILIZ
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Why You'll Get Paid Less from Streaming on TAXI TV

Post by TAXILIZ » Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:42 pm

Why You'll Soon Get Paid Even LESS From Streaming! with DIY Media/Disc Makers CEO, Tony van Veen

Click the link below to watch LIVE on Monday at 4 PM Pacific!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN5MvFr8YqQ

7 pm Eastern (EST) / 6 pm Central (CST) / 4 pm Pacific (PST) 12 am London (GMT) / 11 am Sydney (AEDT)

Dear Songwriters, Composers, Producers, and Artists,

Why am I not surprised that Spotify plans to pay even less to "lesser" artists soon? Talks between the streaming giant and the three major labels have been ongoing for some time, and rumors have been making the rounds for months. Now, it appears that Spotify will be lowering the rate paid to indie artists. Most likely, that means you!

Disc Makers CEO, Tony van Veen was going to do a sponsor presentation on this very topic during the Road Rally Sequels last Monday, but getting him in front of a webcam in the time slot we had, proved to be tighter than our tech. set-up allowed for. So, we've moved his presentation to this week's episode of TAXI TV, live at 4 pm Pacific, 7 pm Eastern time.

I know Tony well enough to know he won't just tell us the bad news. He'll likely have suggestions of alternate ways for indie musicians to earn income from their music. He's a very bright guy, and a "recovering" indie musician himself, so I look forward to hearing his take on this touchy subject.

Please join me for what looks to be an informative episode on this somewhat shocking news!

Click the link below to watch LIVE on Monday at 4 PM Pacific!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN5MvFr8YqQ

To Join the Live Chat During the Broadcast…

You’ll need to be signed up to YouTube (FREE) and be logged in to be able to join in on the chat during the show. Go to youtube.com and click the "Sign In" link in the upper right-hand corner of the page and fill out the short form to join. If you have a Gmail account, you’ll be able to associate your YouTube account with it!

7 pm Eastern (EST) / 6 pm Central (CST) / 4 pm Pacific (PST) 12 am London (GMT) / 11 am Sydney (AEDT)

See you on the show,
Michael