Wish Us Luck!

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Wish Us Luck!

Post by ernstinen » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:38 am

Tomorrow A.M., my wife and I are going to court to see our neighbor explain to the judge why our restraining order against him shouldn't be permanent. That amounts to another victory for us: He had to hire an attorney, the cheap bastard (my apologies to all bastards everywhere ).It will be REALLY interesting to see if Mr. Wacko can keep his temper. I'm laying 2:1 odds that the bailiff drags him out of the courtroom in handcuffs. Anyway, wish us luck!Ern

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Wish Us Luck!

Post by davewalton » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:55 am

Quote:Tomorrow A.M., my wife and I are going to court to see our neighbor explain to the judge why our restraining order against him shouldn't be permanent. That amounts to another victory for us: He had to hire an attorney, the cheap bastard (my apologies to all bastards everywhere ).It will be REALLY interesting to see if Mr. Wacko can keep his temper. I'm laying 2:1 odds that the bailiff drags him out of the courtroom in handcuffs. Anyway, wish us luck!Ern He's kind of losing before he even starts. If he doesn't plan on harrassing you then what does it matter if you have a restraining order against him or not? Not violating a restraining order and not having one against you have the same effect on those who behave - it's a moot point. A restraining order against me, for example, has no effect on my life because I'll never be in violation of that order. It only matters if I want to harass you and not get in trouble. It seems like he's trying to find a way to continue the harassement.

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:12 pm

Good points, Dave.I think what really is bothering him is that the restraining order "orders" him to pay all our attorney's fees and court costs. Sure, in his crazy mind he doesn't think he's done anything wrong, but it's the $$ that REALLY bugs him! Ern

drew
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by drew » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:21 pm

Maybe you'll get real lucky and get a judge who believes in capitol punishment. Good luck to you guys tomorrow Ern, let us know how it goes.
It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:02 pm

Quote:Maybe you'll get real lucky and get a judge who believes in capitol punishment. Lethal injection AND court costs/attorney's fees... that'll REALLY piss him off!

og
Impressive
Impressive

Post by og » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:10 pm

I thought of about ten wise-assed things to add, but rare rational thought intruded--good luck, Ern, we're all pullin' for ya!Ed

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:28 pm

Maybe the penalty should be he gets locked in a room forever and spends eternity listening to every taxi submission.Good luck! Casey

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:11 pm

Oh, boy, I just heard a few points from Wacko's "defense":1. I cuss him out all the time and call him "Camel Jockey."2. My wife is drunk all the time.3. He pounds on the walls because we feed the rats bird food.My attorney is going to tear this guy apart. Wow. Thanks for your support --- should be, ahem, interesting!Ern

drew
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by drew » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:55 pm

Quote:1. I cuss him out all the time and call him "Camel Jockey."2. My wife is drunk all the time.3. He pounds on the walls because we feed the rats bird food.No wonder the poor guy went nuts.
It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:21 pm

Quote:No wonder the poor guy went nuts.Yup. I'm going to bring my guitar and sing John Lee Hooker's "It's My Own Fault."That oughta make him feel better. Ern