Woop Woop! Got a forward, but what now?

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jasoneli

Woop Woop! Got a forward, but what now?

Post by jasoneli » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:30 am

Hey everyone,
So I'm feeling good to have finally (on my 8th attempt) for some really positive feedback and a forward. Now `i do know that there's no set time to hear from the client on if my music will be used, but does anyone know what happens if you do get a forward? Do you just jet an e-mail direct from the client? or a call? I'm hoping nothing important ends up in my Spam folder. That would be depressing!

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Woop Woop! Got a forward, but what now?

Post by gitanosoy » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:02 pm

jasoneli wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:30 am
Hey everyone,
So I'm feeling good to have finally (on my 8th attempt) for some really positive feedback and a forward. Now `i do know that there's no set time to hear from the client on if my music will be used, but does anyone know what happens if you do get a forward? Do you just jet an e-mail direct from the client? or a call? I'm hoping nothing important ends up in my Spam folder. That would be depressing!
Congrats! You wait and hope a the library that was sent to contacts you to sign your track, mean while you keep writing and submitting, also if you do have other library contacts you can send your track...as they say "don't put you eggs/or egg in one basket"

good luck
Last edited by gitanosoy on Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

DBarnett
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DBarnett » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:40 pm

jasoneli wrote:
Hey everyone,
Congrats!!
Like he said, write, submit forget
For me, in the past 2 years - 41 submissions - 6 forwards - 1 library contract
I did meet a library owner at the 2019 Road Rally that got me 2 library contracts
I was a Taxi member 10 years ago and got 2 library contracts back then
I should have stuck with it back in 2011-12 but nooooo, the guys were sayin' "come on Man, let's get the band back together" lol
I also did a Google search and found a couple of nonexclusive libraries that will consider signing you after evaluating mp3's - 8 to 12 weeks waiting period
So yes, it is a long haul game! Stick with it keep writing, submitting and looking for opportunities
Good Luck!

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:09 am

One Forward will likely generate nothing but crickets unless a black cat crossed your path whilst you were you were out collecting four leafed clovers.

So just do the forgetting and repeating part now of the oft quoted write-submit-forget-repeat.

Mark

DBarnett
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DBarnett » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:35 am

Could you post a link to the song and a brief description of the request please
It's always helpful to listen to a forward
Thanks!

Ted
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Ted » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:11 am

Congrats on the forward!

My forward rate isn't the best, but I happened to get a deal on my second forward so you never know (it also happened on my birthday which made it even nicer). I do have to say that the "letter of interest" email from the music library ended up buried in my spam/junk mail folder and I almost missed it.

So if I could rant a little, I am constantly fighting a war to keep annoying spam to a minimum-- since from now on, I have to check my junk mail folder just as regularly as my inbox because a library notification is just as likely to be in either place. And it's pointless trying to set up "rules" within my email account to send the same damned waves of irritating spam I get day in/day out to the TRASH. It just doesn't work. Every day I have to comb through it all manually. Don't get me started on Big Tech/Big Data. :evil:

So celebrate the milestone for a day and then get back to plugging away on your next submission. But do check your junk folder.

Cheers,

Ted

mkirbymusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mkirbymusic » Mon May 03, 2021 10:08 am

Congrats on your first forward! There's really no way to tell how often you get contacted back by whoever ran the listing but just know that getting a Forward on your 8th attempt should be enough validation for you to know that you can do this if you keep pushing.

My only advice would be to have at least a few other Forward worthy tracks for that listing ready because chances are that library/company will ask to hear more of your music in that style. I dropped the ball once before when a big library contacted me from a Forward I got 3 weeks prior.. and I didn't have anything that was up to the same standard ready to go. Sadly I sent them some stuff that was definitely too repetitive and I never heard a peep back from them.

Unless of course this was a listing for a single specific track then none of that applies lol

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Merryband1 » Mon May 03, 2021 11:51 am

Congratulations on your first forward!
I agree with what everyone else is saying. Make sure you have something else ready to send in case they contact you and want more. DO check your spam and junk folders (and thanks for the reminder to do that, everyone!!! No library mail in there, just a lot of junk, but you never know!). Keep on writing and submitting to the listings that speak to you, and please keep us posted! :)

Cheers!
Merry

Burnzy
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Burnzy » Sun May 09, 2021 9:44 am

jasoneli wrote:
Hey everyone,
Congrats, and good luck!