We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

pveniot
Impressive
Impressive

Y180721MP

Post by pveniot » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:30 am

Hi, members and all
Hope I will have feed back on this one...
Last time I came to Peer to Peer... none
No grudge though!
Anyways check it out, think I'm close to the listing.

Here's my pitch for
MINIMALIST, EMOTIONAL PIANO INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a New, NON-Exclusive Music Library recently started by the CEO of another successful company. They’re looking for Mid-Tempo Instrumental Cues in the general stylistic ballpark of the references below:

“Horizon Variations” Max Richter (Start at :23, ignore the intro): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhfPyryLa04

“Nuvole Bianche” by Ludovico Einaudi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcihcYEOeic

Please send them well-crafted Piano-based Cues that effectively deliver an emotional feel. It’s very important to NOT overly build or layer your Cue with additional instruments or sounds (a very light, ethereal pad is ok, but keep it largely piano based). Your Cue should have a central melodic line that tugs at the listener’s heartstrings. You can submit pieces that evoke emotions like love, happiness, sadness, introspection, revelation, etc., but please don’t co-mingle them. Stick with one emotion per Cue to make your pieces more usable.

We cannot overemphasize the emotional vibe you need to capture here. These types of Cues can really be effective in making a scene on-screen more memorable. Anything that is synthetic or obviously MIDI-driven will not work for this request. You can use a virtual piano, but it needs to sound very real and authentic.

Your submissions should be at least 2 minutes in length. Non-Faded endings will work best for this pitch. Do NOT copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

https://soundcloud.com/pierre-veniot/who-wrote-this
:D Music is the Esperanto of the world. (Duke Ellington)

pveniot
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Y180721MP

Post by pveniot » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:34 am

BTW How can I put a Picture in Taxi forums?
When does the ''newbie'' rule go up?

Just askin'

THX

Anders
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Anders » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:34 am

Hi,

I'm certainly not an expert at this genre so please take it with a big grain of salt ;)

I think your track sounds more jazz than the reference tracks.
Only listening through iPhone buds at the moment but to me the synthpad is taking up too much space.
I think your melody could work even better on its own there.

Good luck!

/Anders

DanLuedke
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DanLuedke » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:03 pm

Hi Pierre,

Nice piece! But I wouldn't submit it to this listing because it sounds too jazzy. I think they want something more minimalist with lots of space and probably just 4 chords with interesting color tones will do it. Probably no string pad either.

This is cool though! Reminds me of a classic movie like Umbrellas of Cherbourg or something.
Dan Luedke
Website
Spotify
Apple Music
Amazon

“Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in ten years.” -Bill Gates

pveniot
Impressive
Impressive

Post by pveniot » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:56 pm

Anders wrote:Hi, thanks, getting rid of strings pads for sure, I had issues with them also! many thx

I'm certainly not an expert at this genre so please take it with a big grain of salt ;)

I think your track sounds more jazz than the reference tracks.
Only listening through iPhone buds at the moment but to me the synthpad is taking up too much space.
I think your melody could work even better on its own there.

Good luck!

/Anders

pveniot
Impressive
Impressive

Post by pveniot » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:00 pm

DanLuedke wrote:Hi Pierre,

Nice piece! But I wouldn't submit it to this listing because it sounds too jazzy. I think they want something more minimalist with lots of space and probably just 4 chords with interesting color tones will do it. Probably no string pad either.

This is cool though! Reminds me of a classic movie like Umbrellas of Cherbourg or something.
Hi Dan, thx for the input... I had issues with the strings... they are going to bit heaven for sure...
As for it sounding too jazzy... well, I can't avoid it... I'm a jazz musician trying to expand my palette!
But I certainly agree...
This was not written for the listing... just thought it would fit...
Will be reading the listing again!

Many thx