yamaha cp30 elec. piano question

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

anne
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

yamaha cp30 elec. piano question

Post by anne » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:32 am

I found one of these for sale locally and love it - I was considering buying it as I've been looking for a spinet piano to learn on, and this definitely would be a good substitute. I was wondering if any of you talented piano players know anything I need to look for to judge if this is a good buy. So far, I've looked at the cosmetic condition (excellent), sound is good enough for jamming with friends (once I get a little further in my lessons), and all of the keys feel right (no dead spots or sticking). They are asking $250 for it. Anything else I should look at?Thanks -

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: yamaha cp30 elec. piano question

Post by mazz » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:17 am

Anne,If you don't need MIDI and you're not going to move it much, it's probably a pretty good deal (I looked it up online and someone said it weighs 100 pounds! Ouch!_)If you like the action then that's probably the most important thing. Some electric pianos feel a bit "once removed" because there seems to be a slight delay in the sound production after the key is hit. Sounds like this one is good in that department.Enjoy and lift with your legs!!Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

anne
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: yamaha cp30 elec. piano question

Post by anne » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:18 pm

Hi Mazz - I am hoping that Santa brings it buy and sets it up in the soon to be finished studio for me!Yep - they are about 85 lbs, but I will build a little "skateboard" for it so I can move it in the studio as needed. And, it is primarily (if I get it) for me to actually learn how to play piano over again, build up the strength in my left hand again, and jam with friends that come by the place. I really liked the feel and size of the piece, so I'm hoping its there when the cash is in hand. Better start sewing a heck of a big stocking, just in case...