We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Your opinion please

Post by Casey H » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:58 am

Old post... deleted :)
Last edited by Casey H on Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Your opinion please

Post by johnnydean1 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:02 am

Quote:HiI could use some opinions on this song concept. The verse lyrics are not written yet, but the chorus ones are. The (rough) mp3 snippet at www.caseysongs.com/TimeAndSpaceSnip.mp3 has a verse sung as na-na-na and the chorus sung for real.Purgatory Face___© 2006 Charles P. Hurowitz(chorus)You say that you needSome time or space (time and space?) So I'll sit here wearing My purgatory faceIs it heaven or hell?I wait on yourI wait on yourI wait on your.............. grace What do you think of the melody- verse, pre-chorus, chorus? What do you think of the chorus lyrics and the song concept they portray? Any other comments? I've been sitting on this one for a while.Thanks CaseyPS Nomi: I like your idea of not repeating that last chorus line 3 times until later (or at the end) of the songs. Thanks!Good one Casey,I like as is.Commercial yet not predictable.If that's you singing,you should be doing more!A bit like Glen Frey.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:24 am

Thanks JohnnyNo, not me singing. You will never hear that... It's pretty damn bad. You are hearing Dan Marfisi who did that quick rough track for me.casey

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:51 pm

post it when it's finished casey

nutunes
Active
Active

Post by nutunes » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:27 pm

Hey CaseyLike the feel... As an experiment, when it's finished, If you want to send over an instrumental we can put our "blind" input into it & send it back over to see if you can use anything we come up with.let me knowRegardsPhil

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:33 pm

Bump Hey, where are you all? Ern, Drew, Rockerman, rockinthebox, et al? If you don't like it, that's OK too. Casey

rockmann
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rockmann » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:43 am

Hey Casey...Sorry... been extremely busy lately with the 'day job'. I'll be sure to take a listen to this evening and post my thoughts.

rockmann
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rockmann » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:34 am

Nice work, Casey... I do like the melody and the whole structure actually. It is a bit commercial, as mentioned, but I think it has pretty good promise. I hear lots of vocal harmonies with this. Could be really cool.. Keep at it and post back.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:36 pm

Thanks RockermanI know its a very rough thing with no verse lyrics and it needs work. I've been hanging on to this for a while because I never came up with verse lyrics (if I did, then I'd add a bridge)... I also stole some of the chord changes for another song, but hell-- I can steal from my own stuff, can't I? Casey