A not forward.Need your comments

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

voyageserge
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

A not forward.Need your comments

Post by voyageserge » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:22 pm

I need your comments about a piece not forward.I know the mix is ​​a little confusion at the end. Maby i would need better speakers, and plus I ran out of time.
Here the listing
EW LISTING -- ORCHESTRAL FILM TRAILER COMPOSERS needed by an Indie Production Music library that's had numerous placements in Film, Television, and Multimedia. QUOTING THE COMPANY: "We need composers who can produce trailer-quality work 'in the box' (we are not doing any live orchestra work). We need two maybe three orchestral trailer guys/gals for current and ongoing needs." Your INSTRUMENTAL submissions MUST show that you have the composing and programming skills to produce QUALITY material on time and on budget! Your orchestral emulation has to be indistinguishable from the real thing, and you MUST show that you understand the FILM TRAILER style!

Here's :The Listener comment:
Interesting piece of music but i found it a little hard to get into, The main problem I had was with the pitch bending. It was a bit too much for trailer use even though it would work in another context. For trailers, it would be distracting. The other problem was a lack of weight from the orchestra. The rhythm section seemed to overpower harmonic and melodic background parts.

your comments are welcome
The piece is (Black night run)

singer1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: A not forward.Need your comments

Post by singer1 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:32 pm

Hey, you've got skills, that's for sure. I tend to agree with what the screener stated. Starts with a nice feel, but develops too rapidly, needs more time to breathe. Let it build slowly. There are some things that tend to distract; simplify. That would be my 2 cents worth, which by now is down to about 1/3 cent. Good luck. D.B.

... the only race we're in, is the human race... D.B.

www.taxi.com/davebradley
www.broadjam.com/davebradley
www.reverbnation.com/THEdavebradley

88keys
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by 88keys » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:04 pm

Hey Serge. I think the piece shows off all of your talent and that might be the issue, at least for me, in that it might have too many themes going on within one piece.

Although I didn't hear the pitch bending thing, I will say that anything that smacks of synths or any instrument that is not completely authentic could kill it for a submission like this...but I didn't hear that the "rhythm section seemed to overpower harmonic and melodic background parts"...after all the track does need to be powerful.

Sounds like we had the same screener (#325).This screener went into some detail about my compositions, "Dark Hero" and "The Knights Death Dance"..... I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on my submissions Serge.

Interestingly, the very same screener forwarded the same two compositions earlier saying that they were "perfect for the listing".....I am coming away from these forwards/returns/critiques a bit confused I have to say.

I'm going to start my own thread on this one.

voyageserge
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by voyageserge » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:10 pm

Hello David.
First, I want to tell you that I used the google translator because my English is really poor writing.
Thank you for your comments, Yes we had the same Listener ID # 325.
And you're right, I too quickly integrated the parts. I thought he had to show our talent in a short amount of court time. I was wrong. But i just learn for the next time.
For your request for my thoughts on your Submissions.
I Was listening very carfully (Dark Hero)
1 -Very well composed. great writting
2-The mix is perfect
3-string and the brass Seem real also. well playing
4 the only thing that bothers me is that large trombones bass punch from 17 sec to 32 sec those punch have a delay in the timing and break a bit the rhythm

About your piece The Knights Death Dance"
Just to good . perfec and very well inspired. at .22 sec your supprise me with this lovely part.
Congrat to you and go ahead with your fantastic talent
Serge

Cruciform
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Cruciform » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi Serge,

This is an excellent piece. There's nothing about it that would be wrong for a trailer. If this was my track, I wouldn't bother changing anything. You should be able to get this signed somewhere.

rpittelman
Impressive
Impressive

Post by rpittelman » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:11 pm

Nice work Serge. I kind of agree with what Rob just said except for one small difference. I think you would have better luck if this were say 2 different pieces? Each could still show your talents as the changes in style are fairly dramatic.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Nice production

I too had 2 pieces returned on this listing. After seeing what else got returned I'm not feeling as bad now. My listener didn't give me any feedback other than a checked box.

I'd be really curious to hear what got forwarded on this listing

mikeymike2000
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by mikeymike2000 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:37 am

Hi Serge,

This is a really cool piece of music! Your orchestra was well developed and very convincing. The thing for me is that when the Rock-n-Roll element came in (it would have sounded great by itself) but when you combine the two sample sets they take away from the realness of sound.

I agree with the previous comment about making it 2 pieces of music.

You have great composition skills for both genres!

Is that a real flute in the intros? If not, what library are you using there? :o

voyageserge
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by voyageserge » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:38 am

Thank you all, Dave, David, Rob, Robbie, Mike. for participating in this discussion.Your comments are much appreciated. I will follow your advise. I'll make two or three different piece with this one.
I was disappointed yesterday, today I will be more positive. I think when you can communicate through this forum with other composers is very beneficial and rewarding for every one . Since 2 months, I had a lot of forwards with Taxi (6/7). So I Thank You again for your support .

(He Mike , the flute in the intro and in a midle of this piece is from the library: EWQL QL RA, the name of this flute is Shakuhachi KS.)
Sorry for my por english writting.
Serge :roll:

sguiles
Impressive
Impressive

Post by sguiles » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:11 am

I've just been listening through all of your submissions. MAN! Great stuff, guys! I'm truly impressed by these pieces. I'm just a guitar, bass, and drums guy, so this orchestral work truly impresses.
Steven Wesley Guiles | FB | Taxi | Tweety | NewCoolNow |

"You can't wait for inspiration.
You have to go after it with a club."
— Jack London

voyageserge
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by voyageserge » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:15 am

Thank you Steven
Serge :o