A present for my wife

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mhoffman
Active
Active

A present for my wife

Post by mhoffman » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:51 pm

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I last posted to taxi, but I though it would be great to share a song I wrote for my wife's birthday with you.It's called "Gabriella" (old title was 'Memories of You')I hope you all like it. Thanks for listening and any comments you might have!!"Gabriella" aka - "Memories of You" (FINAL VERSION) hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 34447&q=hi Matthew

mixopenta
Impressive
Impressive

Re: A present for my wife

Post by mixopenta » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:59 pm

I'm not a songwriter, so I won't get into that, other than to say it sounds great to me!In terms of production I would say the vocals would need to be more up front.Good luck! I hope she likes it

rnrmachine
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by rnrmachine » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:43 am

I like it, but I am not your wife, or even a chick. haha Sounds like a good mix for the most part. At times your vocals aren't loud enough because in a song like that you expect the vocals to be most prominent through out. And that Bass guitar is def too loud in the mix. I am listening on a pair of E-mu PM5 studio monitors and A/Bing on a pair of Klipsch B-2's with a sub, just fyi.I didn't really like the "announcing" of the guitar solo.. seemed odd but other then what I said good job, good song!
http://www.taxi.com/johnsteskal
Sonar X1 PE Expanded on a Windows 7 64bit system.
Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
Thermaltake PSU 500watts can run 5 SATA
Asus P5QL PRO Mboard with 4GB of Ram
Radeon X1650 512MB Ram
WD Blue HDrives. OS, Sample, Audio.

mhoffman
Active
Active

Post by mhoffman » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:56 pm

U PETER: Thanks for the suggestion. I've increased the vocal level and balanced the bass too. It should sound much more balanced now. RNRMACHINE: Thanks for the feedback. I've adjusted the vocals so it should sound more substantial now. I've also adjusted a volume envelope for the bass track and the level should track much better now. Like I said, this is a gift for my wife. She loves my goofy sense of humor and appreciated me putting in a hint of my sillyness in an otherwise serious love song. I've got another song which is Waaaaay more goofy called Warp Core. If you're interested, here is a link: hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 47020&q=hi

deantaylor
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by deantaylor » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:36 pm

I like most of it. The melody, the track, the bvs, the vox. All nice.The guitar solo and the 'announcing of it' seemed a bit out of place, but it is interesting. Maybe it would grow on me. Also the third verse could probably be removed, it didn't seem to fit all that well lyrically. And maybe mix the chorus in earlier (just an idea).Good feel to it. Enjoyed the listen.Dean