Alt. Rock (Kings of Leon etc) Forwards ** DEAL OFFERED**

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

japaneseprincess
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Alt. Rock (Kings of Leon etc) Forwards ** DEAL OFFERED**

Post by japaneseprincess » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:16 pm

I was not familiar with any of these referenced artists sounds :oops: , though ive heard them here and there, i wasnt gonna write anything for this listing but i made 2 quick tracks by listening to one of Kings Of Leon songs... i didnt mix or master properly, only rough mixes (just about BQ) ! i wasnt so confident with them but screener 299 forwarded them with nice comments. thanks :D
folks, we can still hit score 8s and 9s with a very small and low spec laptop recording ! its not the gear. my laptop has only 2GB ram.

http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/2413091

CONTEMPORARY ALT/INDIE ROCK INSTRUMENTALS in the range from Kings of Leon to Silversun Pickups to Yeah Yeah Yeahs, etc., are wanted by a West Coast-based Music Library whose clients include Xbox, Microsoft, Visa, Clorox and more. Instrumental presentation must be top-notch! They offer a standard non-exclusive, 50/50 deal and they don't acquire your song's copyright. Songs must be broadcast quality (great sounding home recordings are OK). You must control the publishing and master rights to your instrumentals - no samples that require clearance, please. Please submit one to three instrumentals online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Thursday, January 28, 2010. TAXI #S100128IR

I have been contacted by this company already, so i am working on more rock tracks and keeping myself busy !! Thanks Taxi.
Last edited by japaneseprincess on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jeffgreenleaf
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Alt. Rock (Kings of Leon etc..) Forwards 2/2

Post by jeffgreenleaf » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:49 pm

Great tracks Taeko! You nailed it... 8-)

garrettmiller
Impressive
Impressive

Post by garrettmiller » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:14 pm

Great job on these! Congrats!

cardell
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cardell » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:10 am

That's great work Princess!

Stuart
Cardell Music
Image Image
“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

japaneseprincess
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by japaneseprincess » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:47 am

Thanks, Jeff.

Thanks, Garret.

Thanks, Stuart.

had fun playing with vox AC 30 modeling in free Pod farm! im so digging Pod farm right now that im thinking to upgrade to full platinum version later this year, though i will be still able to manage with free version cos i also have Eleven LE and gtr3. i can get most of guitar work done with these bad boys, me thinks.

brindabella
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by brindabella » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:29 pm

Princess on fire! Congratz Taeko!
"The crucial thing in life is not to repeat oneself." Antonio Stradivari.

http://www.Reverbnation.com/laurasanz

ckbarlow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ckbarlow » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:14 pm

Good stuff! I really dug both tracks. And I saw your comment to the fellow who had returns; you definitely practice what you preach. (That's a compliment, in case it's not clear... :D ) How else to say it -- you did everything we're encouraged to do with this kind of listing and hit it right on the head. Great job.

japaneseprincess
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by japaneseprincess » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:00 pm

Thanks, Brindabella. he he, im on fire !!

ckbarlow wrote:Good stuff! I really dug both tracks. And I saw your comment to the fellow who had returns; you definitely practice what you preach. (That's a compliment, in case it's not clear... :D ) How else to say it -- you did everything we're encouraged to do with this kind of listing and hit it right on the head. Great job.
Hey CK, thanks for your kind words... Ive learnt a LOT in the last 4 months, since i started to compose rock tracks more. I've played in bands but i had no idea how to put things together properly, in the beginning i had few rock returns, i worked on things taxi screeners suggested and i asked Matto for more advice, arrangement, production, everything..

my tracks got better and better after practising, i got faster in writing and recording because now i can see what's need to be done next better than before.. there are so much to learn but im just loving the process of learn-practise-more practise-get better and faster :D :D

wickedsmaht
Impressive
Impressive

Post by wickedsmaht » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:57 pm

Nice work on both of these. Yeah, the AC30 on my Pod (and in Pod Farm) is one of my top three go-to models, along with the Fender Deluxe and Matchless Chieftain. All three of them are full of sweet spots!

I'm inspired by your success, but also honestly a little jealous. :oops: I'm still pretty new, but I'd been feeling confident in my submission for this listing (I went the Silversun Pickups route rather than Kings of Leon) -- but I got a return. Oh well -- here's hoping the next batch of listings has a new instrumental one I can write for. And I'll continue to follow your work!
Jonathan Davis
Wicked Smaht Music
www.taxi.com/jonathandavis

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:21 am

Way to go Princess! You have the magic touch! :D 8-)

:) Casey