Another little instrumental for comments

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

georginasaint
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Another little instrumental for comments

Post by georginasaint » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:30 am

Well another peeped out this week: "Swept Away" is the working title. Would welcome comments on all aspects.Mainly, I'm wondering if this has too many changes in it to make a good library piece? I didn't write this for any specific listing.Thanks for your ears. Georgie"Swept Away"http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... tream=true

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Another little instrumental for comments

Post by hummingbird » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:23 am

Mar 20, 2009, 11:30am, georginasaint wrote:Well another peeped out this week: "Swept Away" is the working title. Would welcome comments on all aspects.Mainly, I'm wondering if this has too many changes in it to make a good library piece? I didn't write this for any specific listing.Thanks for your ears. Georgie"Swept Away"http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... tream=true Hey Georgie. Nice sense of suspense. Almost sounds like the theme piece rolling under beginning credits of a film like Batman. Very symphonic. I think you'd call this 'contemporary underscore'. I don't see a problem with it. Well done.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:33 am

Hey Georgie!I like it! Had ta' bump my speakers up a little to catch some of the more quiet parts. This sounds like it could be ready for the next available listing that fits. Sounds good ta' me!ibanez468

georginasaint
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by georginasaint » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:24 pm

Thanks for the listen Vikki and Ibanez. Vikki I'm glad you thought it sounded like underscore cos I always struggle not to get too tuneful. And Iban, it is on the quiet side quite often, hm, I wonder if that's a problem... Georgie

wignelson
Impressive
Impressive

Post by wignelson » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:43 pm

Very nice piece. Your patches are no doubt very expensive. More so than mine. The composition is very good. You are lazy, though. I won't talk about the timing glitch at :47 unless you want to. In 4/4 time I expect to be rewarded without having to adjust to the downbeat becoming the upbeat in an instant.Maybe I'm crazy, no one else noticed it. But a screener would. I doubt you could get in a library with this glitch even with your E/W Gold or whatever you are using. Just my opinion, which is worthless at this point.Wig

carlosgomez
Impressive
Impressive

Post by carlosgomez » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:12 pm

Good production. Nice stereo field. The mix blends well. Nice dynamics. A very nice piece. However the timing of the the glockenspiel? or whatever that is, is off in a distracting way. I had imagined replacing that instrument with a trumpet playing the same part. Redo the part in time and my gripes are gone.

georginasaint
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by georginasaint » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:47 pm

Hi Wig and Carl, thanks for your thoughts - I have thought there was a timing error because I have fiddled with the harp and the strings to try to sort it out but now I've listened three times and I can't really hear the timing glitch, maybe I'm so used to it that I just can't hear it. I'll take your advice Carl and try it with a more distinct instrument and see if that sorts it. Many thanks, guys!Georgie

crystallions
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crystallions » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:36 am

Georgie, this is very beautiful! I don't feel like there are too many changes but then I am still learning what makes a good library piece. I like the composition itself as well as the mix. Nothing to add... ~ Lydia
Lydia L. Ashton

http://www.lydiaashton.com

"To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist." - Robert Schumann

fusilierb
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by fusilierb » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:02 am

I realy like the interplay with the orchestra and harp, almost a little concerto. I don't here any glitches and if the downbeat becomes the upbeat its either not noticable or certainly not distracting. Feels very dramatic to me. Nice job!b

t4mh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by t4mh » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:19 am

I especially like your dynamics in the middle. As I listened to the first part of the track I was wondering if the reason it was so quiet was to leave some headroom for a great loud section or if this was someone who just couldn't get their mix up loud enough and then there it was with the cymbals and orchestra! Just like you would actually hear a live orchestra play! Well done!Keith
I hear the voice of God in a bending guitar string!
Life is too important to be taken seriously
No electrons were harmed in the construction of this message.
http://www.t4mh.com