Any ideas for Virtual Instruments guys?

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Post Reply
NaeDae
Impressive
Impressive
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:01 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Any ideas for Virtual Instruments guys?

Post by NaeDae » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:24 pm

I just bought a nice room mic (dummy head) and I'm about to get into sampling and programming some virtual instruments. I was thinking thinking maybe I'll give you guys a few freebies to play around with as I make them!

Any ideas for instruments I should make? Keep in mind it could be almost anything played in almost any room out of almost any speaker.

User avatar
tresero
Getting Busy
Getting Busy
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:32 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Havana Cuba, Mesa AZ
Contact:

Re: Any ideas for Virtual Instruments guys?

Post by tresero » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:09 pm

Interesting. I think you will find it more time consuming than you think, but if that's your thing, I would give some away and also sell or ask for donations.

I also have a website that has a ton of free gigasamples (yeah, I know, old school, but still quality.). It's a labor of love, not money making, so I would suggest you decide what your purpose for the VST's are.

NaeDae
Impressive
Impressive
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:01 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Any ideas for Virtual Instruments guys?

Post by NaeDae » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:06 pm

tresero wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:09 pm
Interesting. I think you will find it more time consuming than you think, but if that's your thing, I would give some away and also sell or ask for donations.

I also have a website that has a ton of free gigasamples (yeah, I know, old school, but still quality.). It's a labor of love, not money making, so I would suggest you decide what your purpose for the VST's are.
It's funny I've already used a whole day sampling but I wasn't really bored of it. I think I'll try to sell them online. I figure if I experiment, maybe I'll impress some guy at one of the sampling companies and get a job. Either way it's a lot of fun to play with in my opinion.

Where's your website at? Maybe I'll re-sample some of it through speakers.

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro
Posts: 5349
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:13 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Peculiar, MO
Contact:

Re: Any ideas for Virtual Instruments guys?

Post by Len911 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:20 am

I agree, forget making virtual instruments, make loops!
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music

User avatar
tresero
Getting Busy
Getting Busy
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:32 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Havana Cuba, Mesa AZ
Contact:

Re: Any ideas for Virtual Instruments guys?

Post by tresero » Thu May 02, 2019 8:16 am

NaeDae wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:06 pm
tresero wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:09 pm
Interesting. I think you will find it more time consuming than you think, but if that's your thing, I would give some away and also sell or ask for donations.

I also have a website that has a ton of free gigasamples (yeah, I know, old school, but still quality.). It's a labor of love, not money making, so I would suggest you decide what your purpose for the VST's are.
It's funny I've already used a whole day sampling but I wasn't really bored of it. I think I'll try to sell them online. I figure if I experiment, maybe I'll impress some guy at one of the sampling companies and get a job. Either way it's a lot of fun to play with in my opinion.

Where's your website at? Maybe I'll re-sample some of it through speakers.
Sorry, I missed your reply. The site is https://gigasamples.com/

NaeDae
Impressive
Impressive
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:01 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Any ideas for Virtual Instruments guys?

Post by NaeDae » Fri May 03, 2019 6:38 pm

Len911 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:20 am
I agree, forget making virtual instruments, make loops!
I definitely will but something about being able to play the sounds on a piano is exciting to me. Any ideas?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests