Audio Dementia

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

scomtok

Audio Dementia

Post by scomtok » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:46 pm

I started up a new company with some friends and we just started selling a "DAW" (Digital Audio Workstation) program, like Sony Acid or Pro Tools. Ours is a lot more watered down, designed more for quick mixing and for beginners. It also has a visual stage that is used to mix your tracks, instead of using those lines on the wave image that other DAW's use. Since we just started, I haven't heard many reviews/critics about my software and would like to see what you (out in Taxi-land) think about it. You can download a free demo at our website at www.audiodementia.com. Even though this is not a song, this has a lot to do with making songs and I'd like to thank Taxi.com for letting me post this.Thanks,Scomtok

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Audio Dementia

Post by andreh » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:13 pm

Scomtok-Looks like a cool premise. I don't see anywhere on your site what OS it runs on, but I assume it's Windows since the download is an .exe.How do you achieve the back-to-front positional perception? Is it some kind of custom reverb algorithm, or is that strictly a volume control?Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

scomtok

Re: Audio Dementia

Post by scomtok » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:01 pm

AndreYes it is a Windows XP program. If you click on the "Audio Dementia" tab on the menu on our webpage, there are computer specifications for the program on the bottom of the page. There are two stages: stereo, which is a half circle (left and right), and surround which is a full circle (representing the space of the room if the listener is in the middle). The closer you have the track to the center of the circle, the louder, and wherever you have the track is where it will come out of the speakers. Ex. If you want to have the track pan from front left to back right (in 5.1), you would position the track to start on the top left of the circle, then make another point later in the track on the bottom right of the circle. This will automatically pan your track to make it sound like its moving around the room to the back left speakers. The program takes the postion of the track at any point and determines the volume for each speaker. There isn't any additional reverb placed in the speakers, but there is a VST option if you want to add any. If you, or anyone else has any questions, please feel free to post it.Thanks,Scomtok